Lost all weapons and armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gman1000p

I lost all my weapons and armor durning the prison part of the mysterious letter quest in new garand. I selected the chest that claimed to have all my stuff in it just before escaping and it gave me nothing.

VDX_360

Staff member
How much stuff did you have in your inventory? Did your old stuff drop as an item bag to the floor when you opened the chest?

If the stuff is truly lost, hopefully it's all early game stuff that is semi-easily replaced :-(

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Gman1000p":16avjp4h said:
I lost all my weapons and armor durning the prison part of the mysterious letter quest in new garand. I selected the chest that claimed to have all my stuff in it just before escaping and it gave me nothing.

Maybe you opened the chest with a full inventory and all the loot ended up on the ground? It'd be the first time that script fails.

Reload from autosave without sleeping at any inn, you'll wake up in the cell, then try again.

Badname123

Android user
Sorry for the necro. I have the same issue. When I open the chest I get a second copy of the inheritance letter (2 in inventory) and every other item is gone. No loot bag appears. I tried reloading from the beginning of the prison to no avail. I even reloaded from much earlier and got the same problem. It seems to only affect the one character however as it works fine on others.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
This is odd.

What version of the game are you using?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
This typically happens with modded / edited saved games versions of the game. IS this the case? Where did you install from?

Badname123

I'm using a totally vanilla copy from the Google Play store. I wasn't even aware there was a way to modify the game.

Edit: I bought the full version after making the character, in case that would matter for some reason

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like some kind of bad glitch, I had never seen it before. I am sorry if it was frustrating, phones sometimes do weird things... like suddenly suspending execution because of a call or suspension, in the middle of running code or saving the game.

Choose Continue Game, then tap on the yellow folder button to see your current saves for that character. Try to go back to one of the previous saves if possible, I doubt the problem will arise again.

Badname123

That's the thing, I tried again from a save before I even entered New Garand and had the same issue. It's the earliest save I have and it's the only one that isn't in the jail itself.
It's still fairly early in the game but I had a couple of unique items. I'm willing to start over, it's just a bit of a hassle. Thank you for the suggestions and the attempts to help however

Status
Not open for further replies.