Loreseeker/Golden Hand Guild Benefits

RB33

I'm currently planning a new character that I can develop side-by-side with my new Flame Cleric (obviously a Cleric that has the holy flame spells as part of it's arsenal). I'm currently looking at creating a Rogue/Thief that is not affiliated with the Seventh House or the Warriors' Guild or even The Three. The two guilds that I have in mind are the Loreseekers and the Golden Hand with the aim of having the Rogue be something along the lines of the pragmatic but noble Dr. Indiana Jones (Loreseekers) or something similar to the more self-centered and arguably materialistic Lara Croft (Golden Hand).

What would be the benefits of either guild to the Rogue and which one would be more beneficial?

All inputs are welcome and thanks in advance.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker

RB33

Early days Explorer Gauntlets and Ring of the Trader make the Golden Hand very tempting for a rogue.

The biggest losses for not siding with the Loreseekers are Magical Training and Iron Will Mantle. Others can debate if a single point of MT is worth it for Restoration scrolls, IWM is a nice spinewarmer but you do get the Cowboy Neckerchief elsewhere.

Why not do both like most people do? Medallion to Jethro and the necro-books to the Loreseekers?
Good points there. Though I do wonder what benefits do I receive from handing over the medallion to Jethro. All that I see so far is that, apart from being able to avail of the Explorer Gauntlets and Ring of the Trader, this would not only make my mission to complete the "Three vs Eleven" quest a bit more difficult (not saying that I'm looking for an easy way out all the time) by having one less person to approach for the signatures, but at the end of the day, I will still have to fight my way through the Grey Library during the necro-books quest.

If I commit the Rogue to the Golden Hand, what would being a member there provide apart from access to their store and of course, a violence-free entrance into their building?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The other main benefit of being friends with The Golden Hand is you get a 15% discounts on Potions of Healing, Mana, Venom, scrolls of Recall, Teleport, etc. (Trader Otarab); and you can sell your loot for 8% more Gold (Trader Orac).

3-v-11 is very easy. Give Mason his sword. Tell Latimer the truth. Buy 13 Firesalts at the first Travelling Alchemist. Thieves Guild to forge a signature. You need three of those four options.

RB33

The other main benefit of being friends with The Golden Hand is you get a 15% discounts on Potions of Healing, Mana, Venom, scrolls of Recall, Teleport, etc. (Trader Otarab); and you can sell your loot for 8% more Gold (Trader Orac).

3-v-11 is very easy. Give Mason his sword. Tell Latimer the truth. Buy 13 Firesalts at the first Travelling Alchemist. Thieves Guild to forge a signature. You need three of those four options.

Whoa, I can do that with Thieves' Guild? The things I learn everyday lol

In any case, it looks like I'll end up creating two Rogue-based characters, one for the Loreseekers and one for the Golden Hand, just to see for myself.

Thank you very much for your input, you gave me a better idea on what to expect out there.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Well, you could just make one character and before Spicing Things Up make separate saves, one to become an Indy one for Laura. Depends how much you like the early game.

Note you do not need to be a member of the Thieves Guild but you need to have finished Smugglers in the Night.

RB33

Well, you could just make one character and before Spicing Things Up make separate saves, one to become an Indy one for Laura. Depends how much you like the early game.

Note you do not need to be a member of the Thieves Guild but you need to have finished Smugglers in the Night.

That's a very good time-saving option... Now I have to choose between having a pair of Dr. Indy's existing side-by-side with their own alternate timelines or having two completely separate and different characters lol

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
As a Rogue I'd play both sides (Medallion to Hand, Books to Seekers) and then on a subsequent play where you are some kind of goody two-shoes e.g. Cleric I'd give the Medallion to the Lady and fight you way into the Grey Library.

Drunk3nSmilez

hello,
ive ffound myself in a mild predicament, having given the woman her medallion without realizing i woildnt be able to enter the library, i cant recall if ive given all the necromancy tomes to the hand except for the one inside the library itself or if i may have given one earlier to the loreseekers. either way i did the math and theres one jecromancy tome out in the world still, but even if i give it to the Hand my Rep with them will just go back to an even Zero. Is thrre anyway other than these to raise my rep to access the traders in the library? or, conversely, I f i fight my way in will the traders still do businezs with me? appreciate any input

VDX_360

Staff member
I think if you give them the book, you might get access because you helped them, even with a zero rep. I'm a little fuzzy on the various outcomes.

I'm not sure if fighting your way in will impact the merchants inside. If you try it, let us know.