Long Term, the Only Point of the Warrior...

Owlshadow

Isn't that like one creature in the entire game?

Even then, with maxed archery and rapid shot, the law of large numbers still takes effect. Unless a critter is immune, it's still going to work, esp. factoring in a base element character like the warrior or the cleric for a sidekick.

Also, Adaon and archery is a waste. He's just not built for it unless you want to keep swapping out his weapons via the equip screen, and that gets old really quickly and even then he doesn't have the skillset to be more than mediocre.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I like Archer Adaon. He's support for those who want to be that bit more solo/independent but he can can be a great critter-sniper on outdoor maps and a door/trap detector let alone disarmer.

Owlshadow

I like Archer Adaon. He's support for those who want to be that bit more solo/independent but he can can be a great critter-sniper on outdoor maps and a door/trap detector let alone disarmer.

I'm not saying he's useless. Archer Adaon just isn't that efficient, if for no other reason than equipping a bow nullifies more of his skill set than it enables.

Short term, if you specialized him in just a bow, that wouldn't be bad, but remember that the premise of this thread is "long term."

This isn't D&D. You can't flank with a bow here, for instance. It's kinda bs that he doesn't set traps, either. He's like half a rogue.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The thread is long-term about the Warrior.

I would only use Adaon with a bow if he was specced to it. But you can respec him late on if you like.

Owlshadow

I'm not knocking it, but the math just doesn't work long term. I find it better to have a balance of skills, than min-maxing. Skills would be of diminishing returns even if they cost 1:1 in each case.

Owlshadow

The thread is long-term about the Warrior.

I would only use Adaon with a bow if he was specced to it. But you can respec him late on if you like.

Next: okay? Do warriors not use Adaon, too?

He's a kick ass flanker, and he effectively confuses enemy aggro, as such. Using him with a warrior, esp. with charge, almost guarantees that Adaon will be flanking, which means he'll be killing.

Warrior as the base element, with Adaon as the flanking element is a pretty steady, solid, basic setup.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Addy was my Warrior's main companion. But I liked him being archer than flanker as I liked to take the lead and be the hero. And his stun capacity is just amazing, he stuns - I guns.

Owlshadow

You have to take the lead for Adaon to effectively flank. Typically, you blow through your target with charge, which places you and Adaon in flanking positions.

That's assuming that you didnt' just kill them with charge. Addy provides the finish as he's fast. Also, if he has kick, he'll kick them back towards you if they still survive being flank shanked.

Also, don't forget the other effect of kicks.