Long Term, the Only Point of the Warrior...

Owlshadow

... that I can see is the ability to push annoying NPCs that you can't kill, out of the way.

They don't have any abilities that scale well, to speak of, as does, say, the rogue or the mage.

Thoughts?

Morpheus

They are tanky, they have a VAST armor and weapon variation. Can be an introducing class as it is pretty basic. Racks up alot of damage. Thoughts?

Owlshadow

I think that it boils down to level caps. From what I understand, and have seen via screenshots, the cap is 99 or 100.

Mathematically speaking, the further past the level caps you go, the more that classes who have per/level abilities will leave the others in the dust.

Add to that the fact that warriors have the least utility of all of the other classes, and it's kinda meh.

Again though, that's if you stop at level 24, or not. You can still finish the campaign with it. It's just kinda "meh" the higher that you go.

Back to you Bob. I mean Morpheus.

PS, I'm not kidding about being able to shove bystanders though. They're annoying, and sometimes force reloads.

Morpheus

I think that it boils down to level caps. From what I understand, and have seen via screenshots, the cap is 99 or 100.

Mathematically speaking, the further past the level caps you go, the more that classes who have per/level abilities will leave the others in the dust.

Add to that the fact that warriors have the least utility of all of the other classes, and it's kinda meh.

Again though, that's if you stop at level 24, or not. You can still finish the campaign with it. It's just kinda "meh" the higher that you go.

Back to you Bob. I mean Morpheus.

PS, I'm not kidding about being able to shove bystanders though. They're annoying, and sometimes force reloads.
They can become God of tank if we're talkin over lvl 25 with a high endurance and strength. I'm pretty sure a lvl 100 warrior would sweep the floor with any melee enemy.
Mages will practically have infinite mana with all those op spells, so they'll excel in everything ranged. But nothing can beat a warrior at melee range if we're talking high levels like 100.

Owlshadow

I don't think that anything's HP are going to keep up with rogues, lightning, or disintegrate. Then again, I haven't done the math. I know jack about clerics.

Morpheus

Well with the right strength, a well placed skill combo could kill a rogue instantly if we're talkin lvl 100 and stuf

Owlshadow

I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I'm just gauging comparative, overall advantage. I just don't thing that, at least overall, the warrior is going to keep up.

Morpheus

That all depends on your skill. If you have a God warrior with max everything, but the user is a dumb*censored*, I bet a million dollars a lvl 20 mage is going to outplay it. But if he just rushes in there, he knows what he is doin n' butchers the mage, It's over. If the warrior gets too close to a ranged character. It's over for the ranged guy . A cleric might put up a pretty good fight though.

Owlshadow

That's a lot of ifs, but I hear you; however, this isn't a PvP game; it's PvG. In that light, I still think that the warrior gets robbed, long-term.