Login to Google Play Games not working

Jonny_Mat

A few days ago my game suddenly wasn't logged in to play games anymore and when I went to login it popped up an error that read "This app requires one or more Google Play services that are not currently available. Please contact the developer for assistance." And it has been giving me that error since I even tried installing a previous update of Google Play Games to no avail. Please help, I really enjoyed the cloud save feature cause when I'm at home I like to play on my tablet and then when away from home on my phone.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Open google play games app, and in its settings, can you login correctly?

another thing you can try is (on your device settings), delete the cache of google play services.

Jonny_Mat

If by login correctly you mean that I'm logged into my account? Then yes. And yeah deleting the cache was one of the first things I did

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I've been playing on Android for a while recently and GPG logins is very random. Sometimes it won't log in, sometimes it will. Sometimes you can be playing for a while and you'll get logged-in in-game. It was always rock-solid then in late December Google made an update that broke GPG for many people, after that update of theirs it has been hit and miss.

It's not the end of the world though becuase (1) you can export physical backups of saves and (2) when you do log in any store Cheevos get unlocked.

Jonny_Mat

This has just started occurring to me today as well, it was working fine yesterday.
Sorry to tell you this, but it has not been fixed. As they have stated above it is Google that messed up and it doesn't seem like they are doing anything to fix Play Games