[LIGHT SPOILERS] - Advice for newbies

VDX_360

Staff member
Kennnethor":1x5b7fyw said:
I can't believe no one has given yet the #1 advice. RUN!!!
Yep. On the same lines, if you're dying, you might want to re-check your gear or your location. Sticking to the Lannegar area is pretty good advice. Run the two dungoens in the area, run a few Town Hall quests and you'll be there in no time. Using Scrolls of Recall is a good way to leave a dungeon.

Also, I think Charge is a great skill for a 2-H warrior to start with, but Whirlwind is qute useful too.

Learning Extra Recovery is good, it takes a bit of investing, but getting it before Level 10 will help survive longer dungeons.

And lastly, do you have a Companion yet? Grissenda the warrior can be gotten at level 2 or 3 pretty easily (run to collect the ring from the corpse, run to leave). OR if you want to fight for it, Level 3 or 4. In either case, having Grissenda around will turn the tide in a lot of fights.

Kuratha

Staff member
Sashka Saravin":212q2tss said:
Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a place to buy camping supplies? Or can we even camp to regain health? After I kill some goblins, they'll have tents or a campfire that's out. Do we have an option to rest there? If not, will that be implemented in the game in a future patch?
Basically, the only ways to 'recover' are resting at inns (full-heal), sleeping in beds, or using consumables. This promotes a go out and explore and then return to home base kinda system.

I guess its too dangerous to camp out in the wilds, I mean look what happened with our first encounter within the game, we meet Aadon...lol

VDX_360

Staff member
Sashka Saravin":26ta2tp6 said:
That's kind of lame
Yes, and no.... I agree that the presence of tents in the game does suggest camping might be an option, but given the layout of the world map, one is rarely that far from an Inn and the game gives your two refreshes, with the ability to get two more through skill points. Limiting rest spots is part of the game's balance.

Doomslayer

Hi everyone im new here and new to the game. I am currently level 3 and struggling but this tips are very handy so cheers for that. The game is fantastic imo.

pedrinho

Translator
Well, I think it's an exploit, so here it goes (moderators, feel free to delete it if it's too much of a "hint" to be shown here)...

You only need to have one detection spell in your inventory, no need to buy extra and no need to stack it, just sell the extras to make money. The trick is to use them to see if there are any hidden doors and reload the game after checking the info,
to preserve the scroll. Just read the message shown on the combat log - if there is some doors to be discovered, the game will state it; if there is no hidden door in the dungeon/area, the log will simply show the message "detection scroll is loss". This save/reload trick is usefull to save time when looking for gossips and rumor at the inns - save the game, drink at inns until there is no more option, take note of the messages, and reload the game. Of course, if you find a rumor about a rumor boss, you must choose to go for it on the same run, without reloading, because the existence of the rumor boss depends on the fact that YOUR CHARACTER knows about it - not just you as a player - hope I made myself clear on this one, let me know if my "engrich" was not enough to explain it better... ;-)