Lich spawn rate needs to be increased or needs to respawn once killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansaske

I have only fought against the liches that were already present in the game. Of the ones I fought, I have only gotten common drops (Ring of Vitality, which I have been getting for many of the dragons I fought as well) or Necklace of the Depths (2x's). Of course, I have only been getting common drops (or rare drops I already have 6 of). I've been trying various ways to get the loot table to reset for the bosses that have already spawned, but to no avail. Could you please make it so that the loot resets if you quit before loading the dungeon/area the boss is in (or make bosses appear more frequently)? While I know that people have been resetting to get the best drops in the past, getting 10 ring of vitalities, 5 lightning blades, 4 heroic helms, 5 petrified wood buckler, 3 imperial trollhunter bows, 7 poisonous bows, 2 ice claymores, and 3 Justice and no other rare equipment drop is ridiculous (many items I mentioned are common). These are from fighting about 40 bosses (both rumor and already present in the game), two of which gave me only gold (rumor boss, skeleton warlords). I finally managed to get gloves of luck a couple days ago by looting chests. The bosses spawn infrequently enough. I've played enough so that I have all rare drops except weapons from rumor bosses and armor and weapons from the lich. I have yet to get a lich rumor spawn.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
dansaske":36up0wjx said:
I have only fought against the liches that were already present in the game. Of the ones I fought, I have only gotten common drops (Ring of Vitality, which I have been getting for many of the dragons I fought as well) or Necklace of the Depths (2x's). Of course, I have only been getting common drops (or rare drops I already have 6 of). I've been trying various ways to get the loot table to reset for the bosses that have already spawned, but to no avail. Could you please make it so that the loot resets if you quit before loading the dungeon/area the boss is in (or make bosses appear more frequently)? While I know that people have been resetting to get the best drops in the past, getting 10 ring of vitalities, 5 lightning blades, 4 heroic helms, 5 petrified wood buckler, 3 imperial trollhunter bows, 7 poisonous bows, 2 ice claymores, and 3 Justice and no other rare equipment drop is ridiculous (many items I mentioned are common). These are from fighting about 40 bosses (both rumor and already present in the game), two of which gave me only gold (rumor boss, skeleton warlords). I finally managed to get gloves of luck a couple days ago by looting chests. The bosses spawn infrequently enough. I've played enough so that I have all rare drops except weapons from rumor bosses and armor and weapons from the lich. I have yet to get a lich rumor spawn.

I'll have a look at drop rates and boss rarity before next update goes public. It is true that liches are very rare.

VDX_360

Staff member
dansaske":2xfun2py said:
Could you please make it so that the loot resets if you quit before loading the dungeon/area the boss is in?
Likely a strong no on that request.
The Developer locked loot drops to prevent the vary mechanic you are talking about, which was deemed to be an game exploit and prohibiting from discussion on the forum (see forum rules).

Lichs are rare, maybe too rare, so I might support increasing their appearance, maybe even triggering a new rumor boss table after a player reaches Level 18 or Level 20. That way less under-whelming bosses appear, and more worthy challenges appear. Might also, if possible, trigger a new random encounter table. Do we need to keep killing the same bandits when they're one hit-one kill (charge and they all die).

The Developer put in a lot of effort in determining the optimal appearance of the lich and the drop rates of rare, top-tier items but as the game evolves with new content, it might be worthy to review the tables.

Noteworthy that with the addition of the Ashen Wastes/Ashen Cape as well as the pending addition of the Mage areas, there are items in the game that are a comparable or a higher tier than lich drops, so not getting lucky with a lich, doesn't hurt game play. For us collectors out there who must have one of every item in the game, it can be frustrating but the game is designed to have some variation in items on different conquests of the game.

Also, you might be interested in reviewing the mechanics of rare drops. Even a modest rare drop amount (3% to 5%), there will be a lot of players left out after numerous runs (it's the natural curve aspect of stats).
Good luck hunting!

PS: What level are you? Given the number of runs you cite, it seems you are sufficiently high level enough to trigger the lich to spawn, but I think there's still a level requirement to get the lich spawn at all (Level 12, 15?).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VDX_360":2kpui7hh said:
but I think there's still a level requirement to get the lich spawn at all (Level 12, 15?).

dansaske

PS: What level are you? Given the number of runs you cite, it seems you are sufficiently high level enough to trigger the lich to spawn, but I think there's still a level requirement to get the lich spawn at all (Level 12, 15?).

I am past level 25. I looked at quests and their xp gains beforehand and used the xp boosting scrolls whenever I could maximize the benefit (ie, before a boss fight, turning in quests, etc.). I was somewhere between level 20 and 22 when I started the Shards quest since I farmed for loot a lot (I'm a collector and I needed the money to buy houses.). As a collector, though, I would prefer it if I had a lot more storage places to stash them into. 6 house containers (2 in two houses and 2 in mage tower) aren't quite enough. I eventually had to sell some very outmoded uniques to have enough space.

EDIT:
All bosses I killed today only had platemail vest, steel shield, and ring of vitality. Would it be possible to get rid of some of these common items? It's better than nothing, but it is getting expensive using multiple potions during the fight just to get these items.

VDX_360

Staff member
Exiled Kingdom was never intended or designed to be an open-ending game that goes on forever. So, sooner or later the game is done. At Level 25+, with pretty much everything collected, I might suggest you've reached that point.

As for storage, there's the backpack, a bag of holding, four town vaults, several houses, chests in the tower, plus you can store equipment on companions, even the ones not in use. It would be pretty hard to justify a "need" for more storage space. At this point, storage in the game seems subject to induced demand.

Rather than continue to build an massively overpowered super-build, maybe try a new play though with a new class and different quest choices? Mage class is due out soon.

VDX_360

Staff member
dansaske":3p7971kl said:
it is getting expensive using multiple potions during the fight just to get these items.
This troubles me a bit. At Level 25+, the Rumor Bosses should be a cake-walk. Even the lich. If you're using potions just to use them, than ok. But if you are still desperately needing potions to take on Rumor Bosses, there might be an issue with your build.

Don Desini

Loreseeker
VDX_360":18490dhn said:
dansaske":18490dhn said:
it is getting expensive using multiple potions during the fight just to get these items.
This troubles me a bit. At Level 25+, the Rumor Bosses should be a cake-walk. Even the lich. If you're using potions just to use them, than ok. But if you are still desperately needing potions to take on Rumor Bosses, there might be an issue with your build.

This has been a concern of mine as well. My mage character has not advanced as far in levels yet. Mainly due to my neglection to cloud save and then encountering a bug in the previous update that caused a serious loss of 9 levels worth of progress. However, it seems to me that the lack of a healing/mana regeneration spell for the mage class is a huge oversight. In any other rpg platform it is a staple for magic wielding characters. Usually from early on as well. Currently there is no in game option for healing(including your cleric companion) that will not end up costing you either skill points or gold. Mana potions themselves are either mainly weak random drop items,bulky non stackable purchases(deepfrost congac) Potions of heroism or the new magical brandy in white tower both restore mana and hp,but require collecting ingredients as well as gold. To me this seems to be off. As always I'd like to hear other opinions on this.

dansaske

To save inventory space, I've farmed multiple ingredients necessary for the potion of the tragic hero and the potion of lesser restoration. I use about two potions of lesser restorations (heals much more than the other option since I wait until I'm nearly dead to use them) and once for the other one. I've gotten no drops about 7 times now from rumor bosses (giant, manticore, troll, and skeleton warlord) except for gold in two digits. To farm bosses and items quickly, I use either couple potions of swiftness or travel via teleporation (500 gold). The common item drops appeared about 80% (I guess I'm unlucky) of the time and they didn't make up for the cost that I spent to farm them. At beyond level 25, I still find that it takes a while to kill some of the bosses (dragons and giants; I am not sure about liches since I still have yet to kill a rumor one). I play as a rogue in this game. So, the bosses outlast my dodge frequently. Even though I have about 30 armor, I still end up near death while my dodge is recharging. (I have dodge, flurry, stab with assassinate, and massive criticals. I built my character as per the wiki here so I don't think I built it wrong. It's mainly that I still have a low critical rate for a near 20% critical chance (I get criticals for about 1 in 15 hits) as well as stab not recovering immediately about 60% of the time (even though it is upgraded to max). So, I have bad rng in the first place (I've looked for a blessed helm in a certain tomb about 20 times but have had no luck).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The drop and critical chances you report are almost impossible, and I don't think it happens to other players. You previously reported issues related to using modded versions of the game here, so that might be the reason even if you later updated to the regular version, as data might be corrupted. Anyways like I said, rates will be checked. Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.