Library Gate Stuck on "Lost in a Good Book"

ihbbs1

Mod Note: Moved from an old thread to a new thread.

Not sure if I'm having the same problem or a different one. I got the quest and went to the Grey Library (I had already completed Secrets of the Dead so had access to the library). I talked to the conjuror on the way in and he said something like don't bug me about lost kids. Went to the back room, the secret door was already discovered but the grates are blocking my access. Wiki seems to suggest grates should not be there if quest is active. Quest text in my journal is "Arkados....... I found a secret passage in the Freetown library mayby he found it before me". Feels like I should be able to go thru that door but can't get past grates. Tried relaod, save and exit, treid talking to blind guy who gave me the quest again, leaving freetown city and coming back and talking to conjuror again. Suspect problem might be that I discovered the door while doing the Secrets of the Dead quest and did not yet have the Lost in a Good Book one yet..... No saves as far back as when I did that previous Secrets quest. Any suggestions appreciated.

VDX_360

Staff member
That is odd.

Typically all the problems with that gate stem from people either not having the quest triggered, or from having been inside the library right before triggering the quest (the map reload issue).

Plenty of people have discovered the secret door before activating the quest without having the gate get stuck down.