Leveling up changes

lucekek

First of all, we all know how long it takes to achive 10th and so on level compared to others games. Level in EK is something... hm.. unique, it's not like we are making next level for each run to thw dungeon. It really takes some time. My personal opinion is to make this event more efficient for us. We need to gain something from leveling. Throughout the game we are not spending our traits just because we need them more to level up STR or whatever else. Sams with skills. This system is not bad, but I think for each level we should get something more. Like for warriors each level grants you a 5 health points and so on and so forth with other classes. Nowadays next level very often is just another higher number. We don't get stronger, we just have to grind 2 levels to earn what we want to be finally better. Next level should be a celebration, it should really be worth spending time to reach the next one. How will it look like in the future ? We will need to get 5 levels just to have enough points to spend on exact trait?

If I'm wrong and such a thing exists or will be then I apologise. I'm the new one.

Arborice

Level 10 is like level 21 in d&d. You should be decked out at level and in pursuit of other things if not then dedicating time to grinding out a few bars of experience for that 9th point in end would truely be celebration worthy and I doubt you'd have much trouble with monsters at all anymore. Actually I think I might go do that right now!

Azog

Experienced players reach Lvl 10 in around 10 hours. At this point you usually have done almost all quests and only the bosses are left. The real xp mess starts after Lvl 10. ;)

Martinbelfast

Comm4nder":2u9vzkbh said:
Experienced players reach Lvl 10 in around 10 hours. At this point you usually have done almost all quests and only the bosses are left. The real xp mess starts after Lvl 10. ;)
Well I been playing Lvl 21 for nearly 10hrs and getting No where.getting fed up how slowly you move up for so little reward.you shouldn't have to play any game so long without any real hope of getting any where. I wonder how many over 20 are there here ?

feldon

Loreseeker
David has advised on a few occasions that the game has a soft level cap of 20. You can continue grinding, but the results will be as you say: slow as a snail on a turtles back.

I have parked my three main plays (one of each class) at lvl17. Can clear any new content while not being so OL I can't give accurate difficulty feedback. Most of my game play nowadays goes towards new builds/quest outcomes, so I have a character that experiences all the game has to offer, no matter how David decides to 'torture' us next.

Arborice

Shoot I got to 10 in 21 hrs w warrior. Took me 43 hrs to get to 13 w rogue. What levels faster grinding or thq?

Adviser

I guess it's all depends where you prefer to hunt and what is your tactic, but I strongly encourage to improve your kill speed (eg. by advanced skills, etc.) so that you can improve your grinding (eg. on lvl 14-15 you can make headshots to lower level mobs, etc.)

ClockworkGhost

Please also remember that the game is still in testing, and parts are yet to fully open up. Yes, it may feel like a grind for very little reward, I do know that feeling myself, the number of bloody minotaurs I've killed you'd think the race would be extinct, but now both Grissenda and I have full Legion armour,

I've got Cruelty and she has the Vulcan Maul, and we're plowing through the minotaurs like they were wheat being reaped for harvest, I'm wondering what next? Currently it's about getting enough gold to buy the top quality gear, and at over 400gp an axe, Bluesteel Great axes are a great sale item :)

I've found I'm using the special abilites of the gear and weapons I have to create my character, the actual skills being more a way to set up a framework, with the status modifying equipment adding that extra boost. Defence vs the various damage types is important too - I've got a ton of situation specific gear stashed away in vaults and the chest in my tower.

feldon

Loreseeker
Karkas should be able to clear a good path through the fens, maybe not completely clear it in a single run, but will still get more XP than a minotaur run.

For money, the new bandits in the areas surrounding Freetown hand out the most cash, with stackable gems a plenty, and weapon drops avg 200 gold resale. Can be higher risk than other means.

Once Karkas is at lvl 15-17, you'll be able to clear all aspects of the game with some potion gulping. Hope your grinding isn't too much of a grind while you're laid up.