Leaderboards/Achievements?

kajamez

Are the leaderboards and achievements still active and working? I use to be able to see all of my achievements, but now it just doesn't load when I try to access them. My score isn't posting on the leaderboard either. I am using iOS and am connected to the game center.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
kajamez":2njpcdup said:
Are the leaderboards and achievements still active and working? I use to be able to see all of my achievements, but now it just doesn't load when I try to access them. My score isn't posting on the leaderboard either. I am using iOS and am connected to the game center.

Well, they should be working. they work on my iPad. Can any other iOS players confirm?

kajamez

It took me a little while to figure out that the game was linked with Googles "Play Games Service", and not Apple's "Game Center". I logged into my google account, none of my settings seem out of the norm, and I have permissions granted for EK. I don't know it's weird. Despite all of this, it's not working for me though. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

kajamez

As of right now I have been considering re-installing the game to see if it will fix the problem. I am feeling sort of leery about restoring my game via Google's cloud, because i am afraid that for some crazy reason it might not restore (seeing that the achievements aren't loading either.) I have no idea if it's a Google problem, or a software issue. I would be all about backing up and restoring my save to a file, but I don't know how to access it with iOS (I tried a third party file manager and couldn't locate it). Any thoughts?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
kajamez":uksipnqe said:
As of right now I have been considering re-installing the game to see if it will fix the problem. I am feeling sort of leery about restoring my game via Google's cloud, because i am afraid that for some crazy reason it might not restore (seeing that the achievements aren't loading either.) I have no idea if it's a Google problem, or a software issue. I would be all about backing up and restoring my save to a file, but I don't know how to access it with iOS (I tried a third party file manager and couldn't locate it). Any thoughts?

If you export to a file and then use iFunBox on your PC/Mac (which is free) you'll be able to copy via USB the file ek.bak which holds your games.

I don't use Apple Game Center, simply because they are deprecating it from iOS 10 and onwards, and will be abandoned at some point. I wish I could avoid using Google APIs from within the iOS build, it is very complicated and unstable for some users...

kajamez

I really appreciate your support David :) I just downloaded iFunBox, (but unless their was something i was missing) I don't know if you can access raw app data without having the device being jail broken. Tried a file search within the app as well, but nothing came up for EK. I think I might try backing up my iphone, and then restoring it if for some reason I can't get my save to load. I'll let you know if I have any further success with this endeavor.

kajamez

:D Good News! Reinstalling the game totally fixed the problem, and I was able to restore my save via Google with no issues. I can now see my achievements, and ones to be earned with future updates (which is pretty exciting BTW). I am moderately confused with the leaderboards though. I am having a hard time believing that I would hold the highest score on "Heroes of the Kingdom" at 12,333. When I access the leaderboard it shows the highest score to be 11,999 (my score is not ranking on the board). Do you have to do something special to rank on the leaderboard, other than just accruing points?

Attachments

• IMG_3919.PNG
    IMG_3919.PNG
    464.3 KB · Views: 991

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
kajamez":1b1iyrxy said:
:D Good News! Reinstalling the game totally fixed the problem, and I was able to restore my save via Google with no issues. I can now see my achievements, and ones to be earned with future updates (which is pretty exciting BTW). I am moderately confused with the leaderboards though. I am having a hard time believing that I would hold the highest score on "Heroes of the Kingdom" at 12,333. When I access the leaderboard it shows the highest score to be 11,999 (my score is not ranking on the board). Do you have to do something special to rank on the leaderboard, other than just accruing points?

Can you show me a screenshot of the score? those are really the leaders. Also, maybe it's the settings of your google play games profile, you need to switch it to "public" or it won't show, but I have no idea exactly where to set that, as they keep changing it.

kajamez

Sure, no problem! Here is a current screenshot of my score. I will try to see if I can change my privacy settings and see if that makes a difference. Also (i'm not sure if it's applicable), but when I hit "my circle" on leaderboards, my score is only registering on that as 11997 (as of right now i can only see my score under "my circle"). With 11997 being only 2 points off of the highest score registered... it makes me wonder if there might be a glitch maxing people's scores out on the leaderboard at roughly 11999? (just an assumption, just a thought :|). Thank you again David!

Attachments

• IMG_3923.PNG
    IMG_3923.PNG
    482.8 KB · Views: 960
  • IMG_3921.PNG
    IMG_3921.PNG
    380.1 KB · Views: 960

kajamez

Just want to add another note;

I installed the game on my Android device tonight, and after connecting to Google's "Play Games Service", I was prompted to setup a "Player ID" (which was not an option available in iOS"), evidently I didn't have one.. even though it was connecting my Google account via iOS. After setting up the player ID though EK via Android, I was then finally able to rank on the leaderboard. Also... i'm pretty sure there is something weird going on with the scoreboards. I am at 14000+ now and it's maxing me out at 11997.

I hope this information might useful to any other iOS players that may be experiencing similar issues.