Lags on steam version

BloodShashl

Hello, sorry for my bad english.

I have a lag in the Steam version of the game(Drop Fps to 1 for a couple of seconds).During the closing of the inventory, the dialogue menu or when the caption pops up.Occasionally lags during combat, especially in the dungeon.
I noticed that I have version 1.2.1118, but the latest version is 1.2.1124. I can't update it in any way, rebooting the PC and Steam does not help me.
Please help (

VDX_360

Staff member
Could the issue be performance issue with your computer, or device?

BloodShashl

No, I definitely have enough pc power)
I tested version 1.2.1124 and everything is fine on it, but why is it not in steam?
My purchased game is downloaded with version 1.2.1118

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please try the Steam Beta, just to make sure if version makes a difference.

On your game library, right click on the game, go to the Beta section and add the password EKbetatesting

BloodShashl

Please try the Steam Beta, just to make sure if version makes a difference.

On your game library, right click on the game, go to the Beta section and add the password EKbetatesting
I did as you said and the problem remained (
I tried to run as administrator, change the screen resolution, enable compatibility, enable and disable simple fonts, change the language ... It's all useless.
Apparently the problem is the steam.

MODERATOR EDIT: subject not allowed in forums

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Other Steam users have never reported this, so I suspect a corrupted installation.

Have you tried a complete reinstall of the Steam game? deleting the whole exiled kingdoms folder, then downloading again.

Alternatively you can ask for a refund and then get the game at GoG

VDX_360

Staff member
It's unlikely, but you could try to re-install Steam.

This is not an issue I've seen reported before either....

Seuqe

I have the same problem, I think the problem is on steam, because when I launched the game through the exe file where the game was installed, the game worked fine, but the game time and achievements were not counted

VDX_360

Staff member
In the Steam, go to Help (top left), and look for "Steam Support" on the dropdown menu. That will get you to the right place to start looking at possible solutions on Steam's end.

There's a large amount of things that can cause intermittent lagging.

It can be Steam.
It can be your PC.
It can be your internet connection.
It can be the game.
It can be some odd mix of the above.

But, given the details, it appears to be an issue with Steam. It could be a slight hang-up in the real-time update.

Obvious first things to try:
1. Close any other apps running (and check for those pesky background ones that like to hide).
2. Close the game, and re-start your PC.
3. Re-start your internet connection (and maybe check the weather, a storm might be a cause).
4. Log-out of Steam, re-log into Steam.
5. Uninstall the game. Re-install the game.
6. Uninstall Steam. Re-install Steam.
8. Try playing with the music off.
9. Read a book (no, not an insult, the Internet Gremlins get jealous if you ignore your PC and will try to win you back with flawless performance). Note, this is also known as the Give It Time approach. Some hiccups are self-resolving and can only be solved through waiting. This would include updates prorogating across the server farms of the internet.