Bug Lady Xidar didnt exist...

Something doesn't work as it should
Platform
Android

The Mighty Thor

The room in the Jabal Grotto where lady Xidar was supposed to reside was completely empty, even though I had never been there before, and as I reached the center of the room I got a journal update stating that I had met Lady Xidar, when in reality she was not there. When I looked in the throne and took the black shard, nothing stopped me, even though I'm pretty sure you cant take the shard until you kill her, and now I'm stuck in there because you need to kill her to deactivate the magic barrier. I tried saving and reloading, and that didn't work, and neither did restarting the game. Any suggestions?

VDX_360

Staff member
Device, version of game? etc?

That sounds like a rare bug in which the NPC did not spawn. Over a decade, it's been reported only a handful of times in various places. Likely due to a glitched map load or game load.

1) Load the auto-save from the start of the grotto. Exit the grotto. Do a quick save. Exit game. Re-start your device. Start-up game, load quick-save. That should do a map reset with misc data reset, too. That'll likely have the NPC loaded correctly.

2) Try loading a save from before you entered the grotto (not the auto-save). Load that save. Exit the game. Load the game. That should force a map re-load with the map empty.

The big concern is if during the map loading process, the NPC not only failed to spawn but got glitched into being marked as killed.

You don't need to kill her to access the throne (there's a nifty potion in there for the fight?). You do need to kill her to trigger removal of the gate.

If the above doesn't fix the issue, you might have to skip her. Which would suck.

Molokot

If you have 3 inteligence , you can talk at the begining with mad decurion and destroy entrance. Then you dont have to kill boss to get out of there.

VDX_360

Staff member
@Molokot , the issue is the barrier that forms for the boss fight. The one the blocks off the throne room from the rest of the dungeon. That one pops up when you enter the throne room and is only removed when you kill Lady Xidar.