Keeping Companions Even If Messed Up Their Quest

BlooDBitE

Mod Note: Moved this post to a new thread.

Hello, it could be a nice option to add for the companions to be obtained even if you messed one quest, it's not like you have countless companions you can use. I talking specifically for Grissenda, I messed up one quest in the beginning and now I'm lvl 25 and the game just doesn't feel finished. Because I can't do the quest related to the companion, but I get to encounter the messenger. And that is kinda annoying. I know it is my fault for messing the quest but still..

VDX_360

Staff member
One of the mantra's for the game is that choice have consequences. When it comes to Companions, that means messing up their initial quests, loses out on them as Companions and their related quest.

I doubt that will change.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Okay, but if we have dismissed Griss or left Adaon to rot then perhaps we should have a "GUESS WHAT I DID" option to the Messengers to dismiss them?

As you say, choices have consequences but in this case the game makes it "feel" like the choice was a mere quest mistake instead of being a choice the game understands was there.

VDX_360

Staff member
I like that idea... I had similar thoughts.

If you don't let Griss keep her ring (and thus lose her as a Companion), than at least you could do is let the Messenger know where you last saw her. And maybe a new rumor gets added about increasing evil at the keep (because Griss would have gone by herself and gotten killed).

It would be harder to have a dialogue option for the beggar as your character would have no need to know him. Unless if you're in the Thieves Guild, than maybe there might be a dialogue about not conning other guild members.....

VDX_360

Staff member
One of the challenges with not having Griss in your party is that your character doesn't know her real name or status as a noble woman. So in that light, your character might simply not have a clue who the messenger is looking to find???