Joining the foresworn - clarification on requirements *Possible Spoilers*

dansaske

Based on one page in the wikipedia, it seems like I need to learn both that I am Muudari and that a human blood is nothing special of a sacrifice. I did not notice an option to join in my first play through with the knight at dragon coast. I had saved over the save file before this encounter so I cannot test it without starting from scratch (and I would rather wait until the new update to do so). Do you only need to pass the intelligence check after the shards of fate quest or do I need to side with the Undermother as well? I would rather kill the Undermother for her hide.... (It took several tries, but I did manage to kill both the Prophet and the Undermother.) Also, what happens when you let the Prophet deal all the damage to the Undermother and die while doing so? Do you get the drops from the Prophet? If so, that option would have made the fight so much easier....

AhDeh

For the endings requirements:

http://exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Ark_of_Lothasan
Endings:
Good Ending: after defeating the Horror or winning the Magister’s favor, insert the Control Module in Main Computer triggering the launching sequece. You run out of the Ark in time to see the Escape Pod taking off at incredible speed. An explosion brighter than the sun marks the destruction of the Deep Gate, and you victory. Congratulations, you saved the wolrd!
Bad Ending: Flee using the elevator or choose to flee with Amarisa. You discover the Horrors are real while they feast on this damned world.
Evil Ending: it requires, beforehand, to have chosen to kill the Flame Prophet in The Prodigal Daughter quest and have passed an Int 5 check in Tower of Tremadan in order to acquire info on your Muud’ari lineage being your Archmage grandfather a former Forsaken. It will add a new dialogue option with Sir Valeran in Dragon Coast and during the debate dialogue you will be given the option to join the Forsaken.

So yes you need to pass the int test in the tower, and kill the prophet not undermother.

VDX_360

Staff member
dansaske":32jj4nh4 said:
I would rather kill the Undermother for her hide....
The Ashen Waste update added four pieces of armor stronger than the hide, so each class has a tier above the hide.

The Undermother requirement also means you as a player need to choose siding with the ambiguously ancient evil of the Undermother to kill the good-doing Flame Prophet, rather a better sign of choosing evil over good.

Asherun Storba

Translator
I think
I killed the Undermother and passed int check with Tremadan, so I could choose the evil ending
but I might not remember well

VDX_360

Staff member
There may need to be some more players exploring the evil ending before all the ways to do it are on the Wiki.

On my most recent play through, done under the current version (but not the Mage testing version), I passed the INT 5 check at the Tower with a Warrior and seemed to get the prompt at Valeran for choosing the path to the good or evil ending.... At that point I hadn't even triggered the Prodigal Daughter Quest, let alone fight either the Flame Prophet or Undermother. I checked the options to start the good ending and have since completed the Prodigal Daughter by killing the Undermother.

Passing the INT 5 test at the tower might dominate over the Undermother's tidbit.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
As far as I know, there are three ways of obtaining the knowledge about your ancestry. Either passing an Int 5 or Per 6 check during your conversation with Tremadan's image, or learning the truth from the Undermother (after killing Zuz'sare). In the latter case you shouldn't need any trait check at all. So probably the Wiki walkthrough needs some revision in this respect.

VDX_360

Staff member
So under that theory, only ONE of those three triggers needs to be met. That seems consistent with the observations.

dansaske

VDX_360":37f2g2o3 said:
dansaske":37f2g2o3 said:
I would rather kill the Undermother for her hide....
The Ashen Waste update added four pieces of armor stronger than the hide, so each class has a tier above the hide.

The Undermother requirement also means you as a player need to choose siding with the ambiguously ancient evil of the Undermother to kill the good-doing Flame Prophet, rather a better sign of choosing evil over good.

Ah. Yes. I'm a collector. I played a rogue so I thought it didn't matter either way since they were both overpowered bugs. So, I just killed them both. The Undermother was really tough. It was a good thing I didn't do ironman. Of course, if I had the option to, I would have either gotten the prophet to help me kill the undermother and immediately backstabbed her as she was landing the killing blow OR gotten the undermother to tell me her knowledge after killing the prophet and then killing the undermother by discretely placing a poison on her while she was finishing up the comment. Backstabbing boss-type characters usually lead to greatest rewards in some of the rpgs I played.

Atomos

dansaske":2v36xxdq said:
I played a rogue so I thought it didn't matter either way since they were both overpowered bugs. So, I just killed them both. The Undermother was really tough. It was a good thing I didn't do ironman. Of course, if I had the option to, I would have either gotten the prophet to help me kill the undermother and immediately backstabbed her as she was landing the killing blow OR gotten the undermother to tell me her knowledge after killing the prophet and then killing the undermother by discretely placing a poison on her while she was finishing up the comment. Backstabbing boss-type characters usually lead to greatest rewards in some of the rpgs I played.
Backstabbing doesn't really work in the best possibile way you'd expect in this game. Killing both without any scheming is probably the most lucrative choice ;)