Janod missing and -40 Thuram Rep

KT88

The other thread on Janod I saw was locked so I figured I'd post a new one. I'm level 16 on my only playthrough and seem to be totally stuck/bugged out. Here's the details:

-On Android
-Recruited Adoan, had him in my party, and did or did not(not sure) have orb in bag when confronted by Janod originally. Orb might have been in storage.
-I ran out of the map after Janod attacked and when I zoned right back in a second later he was gone. Never re-appeared.
-The quest is in the 'Completed' section states: "I decided to fight Janod instead of returning the Orb of Shadows"
- -40 Thuram Rep
-When I talk to the Conjurer(Icemist) with the Orb in my inventory(or without) he always attacks me on both (2) dialogue options

How bugged am I? Any fixes?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I just deleted your duplicated thread.

The only way to go hostile with Janod is by dialogue choices clearly reflecting a violent response to a social situation.

You need to reload a previous saved game if you want the conversation with janod to go differently.

KT88

So he's dead/missing even though I didn't kill him? That dialogue decision (from like level 6 or 7) is supposed to completely lock out all Thuram quests and cities, which are only accesible around level 15+? Of course I don't have a save that far back, and even if I did, I wouldn't go back from level 16 to level 7.

VDX_360

Staff member
The long-term penalty for that dialogue option is pretty brutal. It might be the most cited example of an in-game decision having severe consequences. The counter argument is your character fights / kills a wizard in public. Note quite a polite thing to do. And, you can only get that story arc with Adaon the thief in your party. So run with thieves, get drama. Still brutal with no upside.

The game's designed with the idea of multiple playthroughs so you can explore different decisions.

You can still beat the game without accessing Icemist. You miss out on several quest and story arcs, but still able to save the world.

VDX_360

Staff member
Thanks for bringing that up!

I -think- that got added to reduce some of the frustration with the quest outcome. I forgot about it and have never personally tested that option out.

Give that a go, and let us know if giving the Conjuring both the gold and the orb works.

KT88

It does not. I've tried both dialogue options with him and both cause him and the guards to attack me with another -10 Thuram rep
I tried with and without the Orb in my inventory, and without Adoan in the party.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hmmm......

@DavidBVal, how is the quest check supposed to work here? Is the Wiki in error, or this there a hiccup in the game?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it definitely should work. Unless you killed many guards and your Thuram reputation went to -100.

If you didn't kill anybody else, please go near icemist with both the orb and money, save the game and export to a file, then email me the EK.bak file to [email protected]. I'll give it a look.

KT88

Sent you the .bak export. That's the thing though, I didn't kill Janod! I left the zone after he aggro'd me and when I immediately zoned back into Kingsbridge he was gone. I figured that was a common enough use case that he just reset back to his default position of somewhere else. I had no idea he was even supposed to be standing there for my entire game. I may have even brought Adaon into the party before ever talking with Janod. It's been a long time, over a month, so I can't recall exactly. Never thought it would be a problem so I kept on truckin' lol.