Jabal Grotto [Spoiler]

Jrquong

Damn that's rough. I remember that escape scrolls don't work there either. I don't know if you can load an old save but there's an alternate outcome:

with personality trait at 2 (or was it awareness? Sorry it's been a bit) You get a conversation option that leads to a tough battle with him. Upon defeating him, you can enter and exit at will

Tokyobell

i remember that i don't survive reaching that location with lvl 7 2 hand warior. and when i lvl 9 i don't survive the boss.

xrex110

Jrquong":2adoiqal said:
Damn that's rough. I remember that escape scrolls don't work there either. I don't know if you can load an old save but there's an alternate outcome:

with personality trait at 2 (or was it awareness? Sorry it's been a bit) You get a conversation option that leads to a tough battle with him. Upon defeating him, you can enter and exit at will

I tried fighting him once but failed, mostly because he had me up against a wall and I couldn't just Dodge him till my skills charged back up. What I want to know is, say I kill him and get the power to leave and enter at my choice. If I kill a few monsters, go out, go to the nearest town (Syradun or Jabal) refill my quick heal counter and stuff, then return, will the monsters that I've killed have respawned? If yes, then it's pretty pointless to try andnkill the vagabond. You'd be better off just letting him go IMHO.

Jrquong

I tried fighting him once but failed, mostly because he had me up against a wall and I couldn't just Dodge him till my skills charged back up. What I want to know is, say I kill him and get the power to leave and enter at my choice. If I kill a few monsters, go out, go to the nearest town (Syradun or Jabal) refill my quick heal counter and stuff, then return, will the monsters that I've killed have respawned? If yes, then it's pretty pointless to try andnkill the vagabond. You'd be better off just letting him go IMHO.

The monsters will have respawned like any dungeon. But at least youre free to grind and heal at towns until you're strong enough to do complete the dungeon. There's another important reason too:
killing him now will mean you won't have to fight him later in a more difficult situation

Appalachian_man

I killed him right away. In new garand. Diff needed some health, shield, and might potions. Did it at level 9 2 handed ice blade warrior, with a level 8 rogue wielding a shock sword. It wasn't that hard.