Item update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You, players, know the little details of the game better than me. Especially about some classes. I'd like to know what little adjustments here and there could improve existing itemization and filling gaps here and there.

In this thread I'd like to heard about your ideas about items missing in the game, or that you feel need to be updated. I am not asking about new ideas for items, I already have those, what I am looking for is things like: "My rogue used the same bow from level A to level B, it really felt like an upgrade was missing" or "There is no good weapon with X elemental damage for clerics around level Y", or even "The reward for quest Z is underwhelming because of these reasons" or "Item Z is useless because there is this other one you get earlier which is better".

Keep in mind however that even if you may be right about certain items, I might not make all the suggested changes. Itemization in EK does not try to be perfectly smooth and balanced, there's a dosage of deliberate chaos here and there because if you always had level-appropiate encounters and received level-appropiate rewards, there would be zero excitement in the game.

Anubis

Привет.Предлогаю список того, на что я бы обратил внимание.
1.Исправьте баг у Dirk of Betrayal, вместо 2 секунд оглушения стоит 12.
2.Клерик слишком сильный относительно других классов.Обратите внимание на навык и зелье (божественное вмешательство + коньяк из дипфроста) .Игра на (железном человеке) проходится за 70 игровых дней.
3.Сделайте функцию ручного отключения способностей у напарников.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
@Anubis, This is a thread for discussing ITEM updates. The Dirk of Betrayal is a known bug (pending being fixed). The rest is game feed back that might be better placed in the Game Feedback Thread.

Darteous

For the people that are making a super character you could make some OP items that don't really make sense to get unless you're going to play to grind way beyond beating it. Like a dagger/shortsword that you can exchange for 1000 minotaur horns that has a .5 damage/level. It'd be a nod to the anime "Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons". Such items would make it more amusing to play after winning and attract a bit of attention from players into different anime.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I did a test run with a combat focused 2-H warrior. I was surprized how early I could get Wild Thunder. It seems too strong of a weapon to get in the first few levels. Getting it at Level 5 or Level 6 is pressing it, but pretty doable. Getting it at Level 4 is totally possible.

Maybe Human Resources should have a minimal level requirement? Say, Level 10 (just after Fort Assault?).

It does seem to break the game a bit because it's so strong, so early,

consequences of pissing off the Varannari may be coming... soon.

Anyways my itemization "balance" is peculiar, I know. But in this case it's intentional. And for the most part I design stuff for players that play the game for the first or second time, which despite what may look by reading the forum or Discord is still the majority of people playing EK; first-time downloads are about the same I had 3 years ago, although with a comprehensive wiki available and every question already answered in the forums, the community has become much quieter. In sum, I keep designing stuff for new players for the most part, although with an eye put on the veterans looking for a little new excitement.

In particular about Wild Thunder: I like the idea of being able to "break" a game because of your meta-knowledge and find things you're not supposed to find yet, it's one of the most fun things happening to you in old RPGs that is extremely rare nowadays (by "nowadays" I mean the last 10-15 years). Of course there is limits to this, too big of an advantage can easily ruin the challenge.

Ismael

Olá David, queria saber a sua opinião sobre os níveis infinitos no ek e se um dia seria incluído no jogo

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The Dirk of Betrayal is a known bug (pending being fixed).
What precisely is the current bug, until it is fixed it should be noted in the Wiki.

Also are there any other know bugs that should be noted?

TaintedSeer

A way to add elemental damage to a weapon locked behind a mid game quest or add it as something you can do after completing the primal forge would be good but only for iron, steel and bluesteel weapons so its not to overpowered. this would mean that bluesteel (only useful for a short amount of time and adamantite weapon crafting) can be used to make a poison bluesteel great sword for undermother or something of the like.

emeralds, poison sacs - poison
rubys, fire salts - fire
sapphires, sparkling powder - shock
pearls, living ice - frost
Post automatically merged:    

For the people that are making a super character you could make some OP items that don't really make sense to get unless you're going to play to grind way beyond beating it. Like a dagger/shortsword that you can exchange for 1000 minotaur horns that has a .5 damage/level. It'd be a nod to the anime "Is it wrong to pick up girls in dungeons". Such items would make it more amusing to play after winning and attract a bit of attention from players into different anime.
RESPECT

black_Bardock.17

Dos cosa
1 - la información del Icicle
y el Primal Icicle Están invertidas entre estás al principio creí que era un error de traducción pero según la wiki en la imagen que se ve está igual invertido

2-yo digo que hace falta un collar que potencie al guerrero casi tanto como el magister pendant Potencia a clerigo ya que la verdad no hay ninguno que realmente le sirva del todo a esta clase ( guerrero para al que no le quedó claro ) ya que a mí los aumentos de rasgos me lo cubren los anillos el cinturón y los guantes así que me gustaría bastante que andarán collares que aumenten una cantidad de vida aceptable o que suban 2 de armadura ya que el que hay de esto es para ladrón me gustaría bastante algo así aunque fuera post-game

Marshall

Actualmente estoy jugando como un arquero y siento que hace falta algún arco con elemento de hielo que se consiga a mediados del juego matando a algún dragón o algo así, también se debería de equilibrar la misión de Nivarian de los hijos de la luna, es una misión muy fácil y da artículos muy buenos, el arco que puedes conseguir en la misión es super bueno y siento que rompe el juego de cierta forma. oh y aunque creo que esto no va aquí, siendo nivel 9 o así se puede matar a los Lich si usas varita o arco, eso igual rompe el juego.

Status
Not open for further replies.