Item update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You, players, know the little details of the game better than me. Especially about some classes. I'd like to know what little adjustments here and there could improve existing itemization and filling gaps here and there.

In this thread I'd like to heard about your ideas about items missing in the game, or that you feel need to be updated. I am not asking about new ideas for items, I already have those, what I am looking for is things like: "My rogue used the same bow from level A to level B, it really felt like an upgrade was missing" or "There is no good weapon with X elemental damage for clerics around level Y", or even "The reward for quest Z is underwhelming because of these reasons" or "Item Z is useless because there is this other one you get earlier which is better".

Keep in mind however that even if you may be right about certain items, I might not make all the suggested changes. Itemization in EK does not try to be perfectly smooth and balanced, there's a dosage of deliberate chaos here and there because if you always had level-appropiate encounters and received level-appropiate rewards, there would be zero excitement in the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
A new end game cloak for warrior.
Do you have a particular suggestion? An end-game cloak with defense / endurance bonus? An end-game cloak with multiple elemental resistances? Etc???? What do you think would help fill that need?

ajay

A new end game cloak for warrior. The cloak of might is good but rendered obsolete very quickly by the force belt and I feel like in the end game my cloak is doing little to nothing. Also maybe an end game ring for non-magic users. The ring of the bull is the only real good one

I like to give companions the cloak of might and my main the force belt. Those two items paired with automated gloves are very nice. I do give my companions filler belts for ac/hp/mana. An END cloak or belt in line with cloak of might would be awesome for a main char.

Have you picked up a ring of unlife? I think it takes a top spot over the ring of the bull. The bull is good for frost resist (if needed) and maintaining the END buff.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Ring of the Bull is good for Ice resistance. In contrast, the Ring of Unlife is the best Death resistance ring in the game. It's hard to compare those two without taking into consideration the current enemies (and thus element attacks).

Duck123

Loreseeker
I think an endurance 2 cloak would be really good. And the ring of unlife doesn’t have any health or armor which is why I don’t use it
Post automatically merged:    

Also maybe make the undermothers hide stronger if you beat her unweakened.

Last edited:
Reactions: U.K

Syras

I find daggers need more variety. Spirit dagger(5-9+3),Vulcan dagger(3-8+4).
The wizard guild rewards besides the spectral cloak are useless.
Mystic Vest needs 1 armor rating and 4 mana to be added.
Mentalism ring can have an int 1, per 1 or wisdom 1 bonus.
Mystic ring i have no clue, maybe 15 mana and add ice or spirit resist

Full apprentice gear should be sold at lannegar. Full hard leather at kingsbridge. Full chainmail at new garand.

JarrenDrahn

I just noticed there are no Thuramiam leggings in the game. It would be nice if they were added to complete the set.

Also, another way to get the thuramiam breastplate. The one place you can get it interferes with the ending. It's also right before the ashen set becomes available rendering it obsolete. Another way to get it earlier would be good.

Commiades

Clerics would do with a silver Hammer (light).
This cries out for a unique item -- the Silver Hammer of Saint Maxwell...
Post automatically merged:    

Clerics

A cleric at high level using a dagger just doesn't look right to me (unfortunately it can be the most effective build using the Ancient Fang). I'd like more Longswords that the Cleric could use — Justice and Righteousness would be good for Clerics; it's not so much for their power, but their look — it fits with the Paladin build (perhaps they could be linked to Warrior Guild membership).

I find that once you get the Paladin's Longsword, no mace can compete until Midnight. It'd be nice if some better maces made that choice less straightfoward.

Bows

The archer is a little dull, as until the ark there are only two bows worth using — Wyrmslayer and the Silver Bow of Malan (and perhaps very occasionally the Poison Longbow). More choice would be nice; some Death damage and a better Cold bow would be nice.

Wands

I really enjoy the wand mage; it is an element of its balance (I think) that until very late there is only one pure elemental damage type — fire ( (an elemental mage can balance their lack with spells). The lack of any poison wand is significant, and some more choices midgame (before the Sewer of Horrors and the Ark) would be nice.

Last edited:

BOSTACH

I have never used the Assassin's armor set.
The pieces are usually dropped by monster that by the time you kill them you have a better piece of equipment

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I don't know the feasibility of this, but an Armor Completion Bonus would be sweet, so (for example) you wear the Assassin Set you get a bonus (perhaps another dramatic add to Toxic resist) whereas the full Legion set might add a few extra points to armor. In some ways the Set bonus would need to be quite healthy as you'd have to drop the likes of Heroic Helm, Explorer Gauntlets, etc.

Oh, as for a a potential Warrior necklace to give a viable alternative to the Amulet, STABILITY might be useful. You get it late-game, but for most of the game you either have to drop some armor for Boots of Stability or not go for the Maul of Garrak.

Duck123

Loreseeker
It could be nice to add some high level unique boots. I feel like my boots are never that great and there aren’t that many unique ones, same with pants. Any type of trait boost would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.