Item update thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You, players, know the little details of the game better than me. Especially about some classes. I'd like to know what little adjustments here and there could improve existing itemization and filling gaps here and there.

In this thread I'd like to heard about your ideas about items missing in the game, or that you feel need to be updated. I am not asking about new ideas for items, I already have those, what I am looking for is things like: "My rogue used the same bow from level A to level B, it really felt like an upgrade was missing" or "There is no good weapon with X elemental damage for clerics around level Y", or even "The reward for quest Z is underwhelming because of these reasons" or "Item Z is useless because there is this other one you get earlier which is better".

Keep in mind however that even if you may be right about certain items, I might not make all the suggested changes. Itemization in EK does not try to be perfectly smooth and balanced, there's a dosage of deliberate chaos here and there because if you always had level-appropiate encounters and received level-appropiate rewards, there would be zero excitement in the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
The open world nature of the game means there's a lot of variations in when players come across equipment, but here's my initial thoughts:

1) A mace for clerics to fill in the gap between Bone Mace and Ghost Bane, something that does about 11 DPS (including elemental).
Maybe: 7-9, +3 Spirit Damage? Obtained in a crypt? I feel like when I play a Cleric, my weapon progression is pretty predictable: Starting mace, Silvery Mace, Ghost Bane, Paladins Long sword, End Weapon. Sure, there's situational need to use the Beast Grinder or Burning Ember, but it would nice to have a weapon fill in the long gap between the Silvery Mace and Ghost Bane. I'm leaning to Spirit Damage to tie in with cleric's as a class, and that would make the weapon more well rounded without risking over kill (like if it was a fire weapon).

2) A longsword for warriors that does around 11 DPS that does poison damage. Warriors have limited 1-hand weapons that deal poison damage and there's a gap in longswords around the 10 to 12 dps range. The Sword of Shock can be gotten pretty early in the game, but there's quite a bit before there's a natural upgrade (depending on quest routes, of course). Might even call it the Mirmek Slayer and find it in deep sands cave?

1) I'm assuming that under whelming rewards is part of the lore of Wizard Guild, but the Mystic Ring for completing An Easy Job seems utterly useless. The Ring of Mentalism isn't much better. By the time you're able to start those quests, you've found better. The first can be written off that you just have to dash through the snow picking flowers, but the second quest has you fighting some nasty enemies. Even my mages don't use either.

2) The Ring of the Scholar, found with the Enraged Minotaur could use a slight boost. It's death protection is outpaces due to the better death protection rings that can be found / purchased same time. I get it's an early game ring so you don't want it to be too powerful, but given beating the Enraged Minotaur is optional, it seems the reward should be a little better. Maybe toss in some slight ice protection as well that way it's good starting ring for undead, but not stronger than mid-game stuff?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Off-hand weapons are wield seen as strictly inferior to shields (as they absorb damage in addition to provide armor) or 2-H (which will still massively out-class in terms of damage) yet even with their disadvantages and lack of players who seek their use, Warriors can only get the good Warrior off-hand weapons by joining the Rogue's Guild. So you could make the off-hand Warrior-friendly weapons part of the quests of the news areas?

Clerics would do with a silver Hammer (light).

VDX_360

Staff member
My 2-H clerics have to switch to a light hammer when entering the Forbidden Pit. That seems odd.

A maul for clerics that does spirit damage? (8-15, +7 Spirit?). There's NO 2-H weapon Spirit damage weapon for Clerics. This really only shows up as a problem in the Forbidden Pit, which would suggest any new 2-H weapon would have to be in the Spirit Breaker family with Holy and Banishing. BUT Given Clerics can learn Crusader and Arbenos' Might, it seems a 2-H Spirit Breaker style weapon might be overkill?

There's a limited number of mauls in the game for Clerics, but Might is such a powerful skill for 2-H weapons, that there's not a pressing need, save as discussed above.

Ygor matheus

hi it would be interesting to add a new class and this class could be necromancer it would be a very good class i know it is not easy to do that but if you like the idea i have some suggestions for skills for this class

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
All of this is super useful, thanks everyone.

hi it would be interesting to add a new class and this class could be necromancer

This thread is specifically for items needing to be added to updated as explained in first post, feel free to post your suggestions about anything else on a new thread.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I've always thought it unfair that Rogues get to use the three unique warhammers: Despair, Flaming, Spirit Breaker. Rogues otherwise cannot use any mace or maul, and they get a HUGE amount of unique weapons, and plus a range of weapons second only to warriors (and with much overlap). Unlike every other class in the game Clerics get no weapons only they can use but to add insult to that injury the Rogues can use their best light hammers too?

And that brings up the tangential point: some Cleric-only weapons.

Syras

When I play as a wizard, i think that breeches similar to the breeches mad wizard( very low drop rate) should be given from a quest mid game because there aren't much of any good wizard leggings besides endgame. I just find myself either using leggings that don't give mana or using the journymen leggings.
Post automatically merged:    

Summon sparkling needs an upgrade such as shooting level 1 lighting at max upgrade( or a tier 3)to replace lighting for skill points for other summons in the game.I find it useless besides the ark or tanking very few sparklings in the game.
There need to more summons such as a skeleton, lich(a balanced version), spiders, shadows. Using a summoner, I find myself using just the iron golem which is boring.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Just a reminder, this is an ITEM update thread. Suggestions about game mechanics, news quests, new areas, David's Pay-Per-View Web Cam should all be made as a NEW post in the feedback area. Thanks.

(Necromancy and Druid type classes are often requested, so you're not alone.)

Status
Not open for further replies.