Isnt it kinda unfair that trapped enemies regenerate why I suffer(Archer)

asuragame

I am an archer and i find it kinda unfair that enemies regenerate health when they are trapped. Why only range class has to suffer. I wish there are advantages added to compensate for this problem. At one time a range enemy killed me because his health is too high (Higher health = higher regeneration) why I die fast due to low health and inability to regenerate.
Rogues should have regen ability dont you guys agree?

SoulHunter

Do you use any companions? I recommend using Griss with a sword and shield, she holds a lot while you're protected!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I am an archer and i find it kinda unfair that enemies regenerate health when they are trapped.
This was intentional as before enemies could get stuck and killed easily. Even the mightiest of them. Hence this. And this happens to all classes, not just ranged ones.

JarrenDrahn

I will say that sometimes the AI will be attacking a companion, but then aggro onto the player due to higher dps. They will attempt to move past the companion and get stuck causing them to regenerate. Then they attack the companion again, aggro back onto you, regenerate and repeat until your companion dies.

It's frustrating and the only fix is to run up to the enemy and let them hit you. Then allow them to follow you away which can get you killed against more dangerous enemies. I do remember why it was added (cheesing ucrymadrax with a bow at lvl 5) but the buggy AI means ranged builds, especially bows with lower burst damage than mages, suffer as a result.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's the best decision for balance. Otherwise it could happen, that you just kill the enemy by getting him stucked. Would make the game boring.

Bit annoying is if enemies try to get through a door, but that's hard to solve so find your way to solve it (sometimes helps if you just run in the group (with evasion) and go back, that way they change places and start attacking, it doesn't work every time, but still helpful.

Tip for archer (one of my favorite characters), get kick and trap at least lvl 1, make him follow you, use trap to slow him down and shoot, once he's near just kick and shoot again.