Is there any possibility of a new game with the same mechanics?

Paladin1000

Dear David,

Of all the games I've played, this is the one I enjoy the most due to it working well on my phone, but mostly due to the mechanics. It is designed in a way where you need strategy, but without it being tedious. The story of exiled kingdoms is a good one as well, but my true enjoyment is with the mechanics of the game...I feel like it is essentially solving math problems with some unpredictability thrown in. I wonder, with so many fans of the game, would you ever consider making another game where you use the same mechanics/characters (with perhaps a few tweaks... I'd love to have a character who could have any skill), but a new story. This way you can benefit from a loyal set of fans who will buy your new game, and hopefully not have to go crazy with game mechanics (although I understand very little about coding).

In any event, thank you for paying attention to the little details that make this game among the best I've played.

Good luck on Archaelund

VDX_360

Staff member
In a past discussion, David The Developer made comments that there are several barriers to using the core game mechanics for other people. If I remember correctly, something about chaos and disorganization stemming from the organic way the mechanics were built over time. All of it is a bit hazy and the comment is lost in the forum somewhere.... the back stacks are like crypts. I'm pretty sure there's a lich hanging out in the 2017 section.

So it's not as simple as swapping out graphic packages and dialogue boxes.

..... But I think the idea has a lot of merit.

I don't think we need to aim for something as grandiose as the Never Winter Nights system, but having an old school RPG machine that allows for further game design would be awesome.

I think @DavidBVal should feel complimented that so many people like his game enough to want to see more of it.