Is there a limit to the number of ruined dragoon boots you can find?

DaleTilgo2022

After a little grinding I've been able to find two pairs of ruined dragoon boots in the mausoleum. My aim was to get a third pair. After about six more runs I've found three pairs of blessed platemail boots in the fallen dragoon area. I'm wondering if the blessed platemail boots are a forced substitution?

p4ran0id

Staff member
If I remember correctly there is no limit, wiki says same. 2 chests have a possibility to drop them. Just try more often till you get them

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You're not saving/reloading to do a run are you? You need to refresh the dungeon via Sleep or Time before each run.

But yes the LORDS OF CHAOS can give you enough boots to equip an army... or none at all.

DaleTilgo2022

p4ran0id -- Thank you for posting the complete loot index. The version that I looked at didn't list either of the blessed items​

stonedwolf -- Thank you for the tip. I'm using Kingsbridge as a base and utilizing 12 rests between runs.​

DaleTilgo2022

If I remember correctly there is no limit, wiki says same. 2 chests have a possibility to drop them. Just try more often till you get them

For anyone who might be interested in getting multiple pairs of ruined dragoon boots I was able to get my first two pairs after 6-9 runs. I was able to get the third pair after another 9-11 runs.

The drop rates do appear suspect though. A partial list is as follows: ruined dragoon boots (%22.4), demonic skull (%17.6), ring of the red sorcerer (%13.7) and blessed platemail boots (%12).

I literally have 5 demonic skulls in my inventory from this run series. I sold at least 3 ring's of the red sorcerer and 3 blessed platemail boots during the same run series. If the drop rates are accurate then I'd expect to have almost twice as many ruined dragoon boots as blessed platemail boots.

Thanks to this thread I was able to verify that there is no limit on the number of dragoon boot drops. Then it was just a matter of persistence until I hit the number I wanted.

p4ran0id

Staff member
RNG is a bitch. 22.4% means only on average, that doesn't says that you won't need 1k or even 1m tries to get one...

My best experience was in arc. With archer it took me 3 days to get the gloves. With mage I got 3 in a row, every chest I opened had one

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
The drop rates do appear suspect though. A partial list is as follows: ruined dragoon boots (%22.4), demonic skull (%17.6), ring of the red sorcerer (%13.7) and blessed platemail boots (%12). I literally have 5 demonic skulls in my inventory from this run series. I sold at least 3 ring's of the red sorcerer and 3 blessed platemail boots during the same run series. If the drop rates are accurate then I'd expect to have almost twice as many ruined dragoon boots as blessed platemail boots.

On average, yes you will. Not quite with these exact percentages, see below, but yes. So do a thousand games and on average it'll work out. A sample size of 1 or 2 or even 10 games is insufficient. You need hundreds more runs at least before you can start to be confident in acquiring on the stated probabilistic drop curve.

PS here is more info about how the probabilities work.