Is death damage considered elemental damage?

Antaerion

In other words, if you train vampiric blade, does it make sense to also get arcane blade to boost the death damage?

SlothPrince

Arcane blade is only for light/hand weapons with shock, fire, or cold damage. Does not include spirit, toxic, or death.

Last edited:

Antaerion

Yeah, I realized that after the fact. But then I had another thought. If you are going with arcane blade, but you also train vampiric blade, do you get the life drain when using an elemental blade?

SlothPrince

Yeah, I realized that after the fact. But then I had another thought. If you are going with arcane blade, but you also train vampiric blade, do you get the life drain when using an elemental blade?

Nope, only with melee weapons dealing death. And you have to deal the final blow not your companions.

Chuckjirka

Nope, only with melee weapons dealing death. And you have to deal the final blow not your companions.
Sorry for the necropost, but the part about you having to last hit is not true. As long as your equipped weapon deals death damage, any of your companions, summons and probably even spells (didn't try spells yet, but if a sparkling and griss works, I'd expect spells to work as well) can kill an enemy and proc life drain.

SlothPrince

Sorry for the necropost, but the part about you having to last hit is not true. As long as your equipped weapon deals death damage, any of your companions, summons and probably even spells (didn't try spells yet, but if a sparkling and griss works, I'd expect spells to work as well) can kill an enemy and proc life drain.
You're right. Just tested it and worked with out dealing the final blow. I wonder if that changed since initial release of that skill. I would have thought that was something I would have tested.