Iron Man Rogue

Commiades

Having played this game on and off for a few years now the only challenge left for me is Iron Man. Someone in another post described dying in Iron Man as a 'kick in the nuts'. I've got a lot better and can generally get to around level 10 without difficulty, but I'm still dying through silly mistakes. I can't face repeating the same class straightaway, so I have a number of characters on the go.

A few days back I saw a pattern of dying stupidly when I started back after a break, especially at the start of the day. I seem to have unlearned this, but the other common way of dying is getting careless when I play for too long. Last night I had got a wand mage to level 14 and was getting ready to go to the Forsaken Fortress so I could learn Death Cloud (what makes wand mages very hardy). I decided to finish the session by killing Nifuruc in Freetown. I spoke to him when I was a bit boxed in and got smashed in seconds -- just not fully awake when I did this ...

Anyway, I'm now making sure I only play for an hour at a time. I've started a stealth rogue and am enjoying it. I won't get Evasion to III until level 7, so I'm doing a lot of Town Hall Quests until then. I don't want to get Hirge until I have Evasion III and I don't want to run around the Maze of Lamth until I have Evasion III. Even then I'll be a bit nervous of traps. Anyway, I'm enjoying the rogue more than the Cleric (level 9) or the 1-h warrior (level 14), who's just at the point of being able to do lots of damage, rather than being a tank.

Atomos

You can get Ankh of Life and reload your inn save every time you lose it ;). It fixes a lot of errors.
Rogue is a good choice for the Ironman run. Not as safe as Cleric, and requires skill and concentration, but aligns well with cowardly smart tactics. Hit & run is awesome!

Commiades

I'd have to live long enough to make an Ankh! Just died walking over a trap in the Maze of Lamth. Was level 7 and doing nicely...

And I felt I should have gone to bed while I was ahead... Still learning that lesson.

Neponde

Lamthe is not a safe place in ironman, unless you have mage barrier or are at least mid level. Like the Irazur tomb, those traps are certain doom. Best to find other hunting grounds. (You can get what you need for main quest and lionskin frim the 4 minotaurs outside the maze.)