Intelligence for dialog options

Kalthor

Quest "Those in need" I'm building a warrior but invested 2 points into Intel for xp/perception, I felt that early in game that 4%/5% was beneficial.

I used the 2 intelligence dialog option and resolved "Those in need" much to my satisfaction. My question is;

How much intelligence is too much? I wouldn't mind being that little bit less durable in combat if it means my diplomacy can change the world.

TIA

(fantastic writing btw dear 4D. These veterans and that onstage play at Steel coast where my improv saved the performance. I highly enjoyed these dialogues)

Neponde

Warriors will indeed suffer by putting too much into intelligence and personality.
There are trait checks all the way to 5 for int, but most dialogue is opened up with 3. There's items that raise up stats while equipped as well.
If you are really curious, there is a wiki page that lists all trait checks.

I'm not sure how to say more without giving significant spoilers. If you don't mind spoilers, I can tell you other details. This is a game that's designed in a way that choices matter. Without "cheating" with the wiki, different classes with trait boosts will have different gameplay experiences. You can round out your character somewhat, but its difficult to "do everything" with one class. (Clerics and mages find it easier to hit most trait checks.)

Kalthor

Thank you bro. If I open the wiki I will doom myself. Trust

The safe answer is 3 and preserves the cheating of act the knowing too much and ruining the thrill 🛡️

Last edited:

Kakost

Thank you bro. If I open the wiki I will doom myself. Trust

The safe answer is 3 and preserves the cheating of act the knowing too much and ruining the thrill 🛡️
There are some items that give up to +2 to Int, Awa and Per, thus covering most of your needs for dialogs without needing all too much investment.

Also, many choices will completely change the outcomes of several quests. But hey, keep that up, and let the game be a box of surprises for yourself.

Just be mindful, if you invest too much into these traits, mid and late game will become significantly harder without that extra Str+End, so decide carefully how far you wanna go.

But dont worry, it's possible to finish the game with both a smart and charming warrior as is with a dumb brute pile of muscles. So just follow the path you think you'll have most fun.