Insufficient bag slots

tal

im lvl 17 cleric so while traveling and killing mobs and doing dungeons i don't need to go back to heal or restore my hp at towns.
only thing that hold my fun traveling and playing is the low space on my back pack
the backpack hold 20 slots for both me and my companion
but on the first 4 slots i usually have hp&mana pots and scroll of recall and detection
tha's leave 16 slots for loot or if u want some extra scrolls of summoning or pots vs something. alos i sometimes store +1 weapon or gear vs other kind of damage.
so it's annoying that after 1/3 of the dungeons(like the new on on deadwood) i need to start sorting my bags and thinking what to throw or keep.

i have few suggestion to how we can help with it.
1) companion should have their own backpack
2) the quick slot should be a belt slot separate from the backpack so u have extra 5 slots.
3) buy another bag slot like the vault slots
4) add second weapon set chois on character like rpg\hack and slash games so for instance i can have a 2 hand weapon on set I and hammer and shield on set II
5) put average price on items so it will be easier to know what to keep and what to throw.

Alnath

tal":2x5yhqb4 said:
im lvl 17 cleric so while traveling and killing mobs and doing dungeons i don't need to go back to heal or restore my hp at towns.
only thing that hold my fun traveling and playing is the low space on my back pack
but on the first 4 slots i usually have hp&mana pots and scroll of recall and detection
tha's leave 16 slots for loot or if u want some extra scrolls of summoning or pots vs something. alos i sometimes store +1 weapon or gear vs other kind of damage.
so it's annoying that after 1/3 of the dungeons(like the new on on deadwood) i need to start sorting my bags and thinking what to throw or keep.

2) the quick slot should be a belt slot separate from the backpack so u have extra 5 slots.
4) add second weapon set chois on character like rpg\hack and slash games so for instance i can have a 2 hand weapon on set I and hammer and shield on set II
5) put average price on items so it will be easier to know what to keep and what to throw.

I agree that backpack room tends to be a somewhat annoying issue, specially since there is no single best equipment. I have to constantly carry around at least one extra weapon (fire damage for trolls) and a couple of rings and cloaks to adjust resistances acording to the enemies I face. That, plus potions, usually take a third of the backpack or more. I like the idea of adding a sort of belt that could be limited to light items like rings, potions and scrolls. Also, a second set for weapon/shield as you said would be nice and that would be enough in my opinion.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Alnath":1p8e9dfz said:
tal":1p8e9dfz said:

I agree that backpack room tends to be a somewhat annoying issue, specially since there is no single best equipment. I have to constantly carry around at least one extra weapon (fire damage for trolls) and a couple of rings and cloaks to adjust resistances acording to the enemies I face. That, plus potions, usually take a third of the backpack or more. I like the idea of adding a sort of belt that could be limited to light items like rings, potions and scrolls. Also, a second set for weapon/shield as you said would be nice and that would be enough in my opinion.

Yes space is always a problem elso for me so i think all your idea's is a go that resolves alot of frustration for every one.

So David change it and make us all happy. :D :lol:

Ps, on the otherhand it is a challange to take only with you what you need and try to finish the level and make some offers by dumping goods for better goods ofcourse...... so to much space is a bit ruining the play because of the feeling well i have plenty of space why not.... and more space is more money so game will go faster for you since you can take more and more...... and now its good and balanced.... and be realistic in real life you dont take 3 giant bagpack on a mountain trap either and for hunters you can only take 1 or 2 guns with you instead of a whole arsenal of guns so if you look it that way its good as it is now, so make some offers or sacrafices to get better.

Sauac

I agree with suggestions 1,2,4 and 5. For me, the actual backpack size makes the game more interesting.
But my biggest problem is townhall storage.
I think we should have got more storage containers to buy. If you often change your companion depending on the quest or the zone you are visiting (cleric for catacombs) you need to keep some items.
Otherwise, this game is awesome!!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I know some of these things must be done, but it will have to wait for now. As we approach version 1.0 I'll certainly do something to alleviate the lack of inventory.

hamiltd3

I wanted to say I agree that we need to be able to carry more. I'm at level 14 and after carrying a recall scroll, alternate weapon, a few items for healing and potions for dealing with major undead creatures or shielding from stronger characters, I only have room to pick up 12 or so items in an area and have to constantly try to figure out what I should keep, value, etc... for dumping items.

I love this game, but this and skills/traits are my only two real pet peeves for it. It's silly to have companions but they have no ability to carry anything. I think we should have a belt for potions and let them carry items as well. I think you could even have fun with it. Let's say if you put certain items in Adaon's backpack and go to sleep at an Inn, he might sneak off during the night, sell some items and you'd have to go track them back down. Or maybe he does that and then in his inventory he has some kind of rare ring, weapon, other item that he bought with the goods or 'stole' during the night.

If companions had a backpack the gameplay would be greatly improved

Board Troll

I actually think that the current system is rather generous.

Imagine if what you could carry was regulated to weight, or worse, size of the gear.

In all honesty, has there EVER been an adventurer who could carry around so much?

I think not.

I've had a whole inventory full of great axes, that isn't happening if David wasn't cool about it. Nobody could carry 18 of those things and still fight properly.

Sounkeng

Board Troll":3bs9yk0u said:
I actually think that the current system is rather generous.

Imagine if what you could carry was regulated to weight, or worse, size of the gear.

In all honesty, has there EVER been an adventurer who could carry around so much?

I think not.

I've had a whole inventory full of great axes, that isn't happening if David wasn't cool about it. Nobody could carry 18 of those things and still fight properly.

+1
Although I too hope for more loot carrying/storage options in the future... But, let allow David time to develop and implement what he thinks is best.