Imps have stopped dropping fire salts?

shr3dguy

Am I doing something wrong? Before there was an actual quest for them, imps dropped fire salts almost every time I killed them, and I just sold them. Now that there's a quest for them, I have killed at least 50 imps in Lannegar Mine and Gorx Lair in a row and they simply are not dropping. I have one in my inventory but the guy in the library at New Garand needs 3 and won't accept one at a time. Whaaaaat?

shr3dguy

Ok so... I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe my fire resist gear had something to do with the fire salts not dropping? So I deposited all of it into a nearby barrel and killed some imps. Boom. Fire salts. LOL

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Ok so... I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe my fire resist gear had something to do with the fire salts not dropping? So I deposited all of it into a nearby barrel and killed some imps. Boom. Fire salts. LOL
Just to clarify, that was just mere chance. Drops are not affected by anything in your stats.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's easier to buy that, you can use the road from Rhöneis to nivaria for random encounter, it should be easier to meet an alchemist who sells it there, than grinding for firesalt. That's how I do it 😉

VDX_360

Staff member
And presto a new good luck system is borne. Zero-ing out one's elemental protection is not the weirdest thing someone has done to increase their non-existent luck trait. Hey, if it works, it works, even it it's just a coincidence.

I've noticed I tend to find the Invisible Swamp Donkey when --slightly-- intoxicated. The trick is to be drunk enough to find the ISD but still sober enough to play the game.