Impression of the Hirge Updates

Grim Rapper

I just finished up the newly updated content (Gladiator, Hirge's quest and the Sacred Weapons) and I'm gonna give my 2 cents for this

1. Gladiator
-> This one is pretty chill progression, it's really throw me off at the middle-end of it since the rule "no fancy equipment" is kinda nerfing my stats. But overall a pretty mild-challenging stuff over here (you might want to change your skill strats tbh since that's your sole tools to survive)
PS: Prepare to get trolled xd

2. Hirge's Quest
-> WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK, This is really good! I always suspect there's something weird between Hirge and her family (from her comment in Nivarian :eyes:), but I never suspect THIS PLOT TWIST being thrown off really quick. I do felt like the confrontation with the "villain" is a little bit too fast for me to fully grasp the situation, but overall it's really good (also the reward for this quest is really good and bad, depending on your situation [*hint* skill points QwQ *hint*)

High-level notes -> New collection to my arsenal! Finally got something good after a long time with my primary character, too bad there's no love for Mage class, but nonetheless pretty good

3. Sacred Weapons
-> This is more like a side-quest kinda thing, and I'm not really expecting something extremely good or anything, but IMO it's pretty one-sided and it makes some dilemma on "Am I really want to trade this?" kinda thing when considering all the benefit that I can get with or without trading it. Still, the weapon is pretty OP at mid-level, and worth the shot to get.

Afterall, I'm really enjoying this game even more after even more updates that the dev made because the updates are not simply "more weapon, more power, wheee" kinda thing. Props to David, Great Job M8

Cheers

PS: I still didn't know on how to get to Port Malan lmao
PSS: I don't mind getting a key in a hellhole, but it must worth more than a king's ransom ;) (presumably knowledge, near my garage lel)
PSSS: Dear David, please remove the ability to forget companion's skill, since it can permanently remove the Advanced Skill that the companion get with the player's effort, thanks

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
Good reading of the update friend. Ask me a question: Is it possible to get to malan port in the current version? or just Lamis / Irossia?

p4ran0id

Staff member
I don't think that it is possible, the area is unavailable at the moment (you can't select he area in map) . We should wait till next update

Xen

Loreseeker
I guess Port Malan is in the other 50% of the whole update for v1.2

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
ok thanks :geek:
What to expect from port malan? I'll wait for him first haha. so I know there's something involved in monte storm and port malan, quest: those in need. I am anxiously awaiting this.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Maybe it's connected with background of the other 2 companions. I think there would be at least one dungeon

Grim Rapper

the only info that's available about Port Malan is about the fallen of it said town (from the "Those in Need" quest), so idk if that has any correlation with the companion (maybe Grissenda's 1st experience in war? or maybe Adaon's hometown before it was destroyed? no one can tell :3)

so I'm not missing anything then? Guess David is kinda derp when tweaked around the Teleport Menu lol

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
In theory, resetting companion shouldn't remove the advanced skills.

Small bit of trivia here: The first time you meet Hirge she looks familiar to you. It's because she looks very much like her mother, whose effigy appears in Ilmaran gold coins.

0rion79

Hi David, hadn't the chance to give you my feedback on the update: everything went really smoothly to me, have enjoyed every minute of it.

Even the new equipment is nice and I like that it is clearly different than any other stuff (happy NOT to find the usual trade-offs that I hate): you have to work hard to get it but it is a fine reward.

About Hirge's upgrade, I was expecting some unique skill but even this is great. Resetting her stats didn't bring any bug to me, but I saved one book with extra skill points and I doesn't work on her.

The only matter is that it is really hard to exploit those new abilities for followers, since they get just 1 skill point per level: some boost not only in skills but with extra skill points would be appreciated, I think.

Anyway, that's great.