Importing

TNAbujen

I am super tech challenged and I need someone to walk me through exporting from my android phone to my steam account. So do an exporting for dummies tutorial if possible!! I would really appreciate it!

p4ran0id

Staff member
On Android, go to new game or continue game, click down left on export and cloud save. Than use file explorer (I prefer total commander, open source and without ads), the file is in main folder, send it to yourself via email, on desktop same procedure, download the EK.bak file, open the game, go to new game/continue game and klick on export and cloud save, then import from file.

Here a video for export part on Android

I can also make one for steam but I think the explanation is easy enough

TNAbujen

thank you! I downloaded total commander....but here is where my problem lies everytime I try to download/save from my email it does not seem to do it. I see the file on my desktop but when I got to import in the game it says the file does not exist. do you have any recommendations what program I need to save this accurately. I don't know if that makes sense?
Post automatically merged:    

i just realised do i need to download total commander on my computer as well?

sorry to blow u up...tried that and it still didn't work

i don;t think i know how to download it onto computer

Last edited:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I see the file on my desktop but when I got to import in the game it says the file does not exist.

When on the PC game you open the "Import & Export" window, it tells you the exact location where you must place the file. It's not enough that it's somewhere in your computer, the game will look for it in that exact folder. The location is displayed in blue text.

Have you copied the file to that same location?

If you think the file is correctly located there but it still fails to open, please show us a screenshot of the file location and also of the in-game error you get when trying to open it.

p4ran0id

Staff member
It should work if it's in download folder, otherwise try %userprofile% (it's normally c:\users\username)