Imperial Fortress Help

Dinan

OK so I'm a level 14 rogue and I'm finally getting around to doing the Princess Of The Sea quest or whatever that one is called.

I have 2 questions for the Fortress:

1) How does anyone make it down that long hall past the secret door that is full of those death gases? I've stocked up on every death resist item I can find, drink a resist death potion and still can't drink health potions fast enough to avoid dying. Is there something I'm missing?

2) Where is the darn lever to raise the bridge to get to that last area? I've gone over the whole place several times - other than the hallway mentioned above - and haven't found it. I'm guessing I'm overlooking something but any help? I absolutely have the quest if that's a factor. I've talked to the girl and she has sent me looking.

Thank you!

feldon

Loreseeker
To finish the Princess quest, you do not have to deal with that gas room.

Walkthru
From the entrance, take the door to the right, killing Batrax.
Head up and right across the 'bridge' into a room with more batrax. Head right again. Now head north, and you should be in a hallway with a lever. If you have the quest progressed, you will be able to move the lever, extend the bridge, and find the quest boss.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Dinan":269g82sj said:
How does anyone make it down that long hall past the secret door that is full of those death gases? I've stocked up on every death resist item I can find, drink a resist death potion and still can't drink health potions fast enough to avoid dying. Is there something I'm missing?
I would say having a death resist 100+ is mandatory, but then it should be feasible.
It helps a lot if you have at least one recovery left before entering the death passage. Pump up your health to full scale using potions, then run like hell. If your health bar drops to almost zero use the recovery, immediately restoring full health. Avoid the trap at the end of the passage (just before reaching the chest). Grab the loot and use a recall scroll to return to New Anthur.

Exiledtone

Try wearing death ward rings, I used these along with a fair few greater healing potions, that's if you have the rings

Dinan

Holy crap how did I never see the lever right next to the freaking bridge??!
I'm getting so used to levers being on the opposite sides of the dungeons I guess I just got blind to the fact that it was right there in front of my big stupid face :p

Thanks for the help on that and also on the hallway. Potion of speed especially is a great idea too!

Ospie

Rogues can also use the evasion skill to dodge environmental effects, which includes that death gas. I'm not sure if this is intended though, with level 2 and health potion spamming I was able to get through the hidden corridor through the gas comfortably with my level 13 rogue (maybe 30% health at the end).

I've found that the evasion skill is very powerful, adds an amazing amount of survivability... Till it runs out then blap.

Caitlin Stephenson

Ospie":229f1otn said:
Rogues can also use the evasion skill to dodge environmental effects, which includes that death gas. I'm not sure if this is intended though, with level 2 and health potion spamming book of ra slot play online I was able to get through the hidden corridor through the gas comfortably with my level 13 rogue (maybe 30% health at the end).

I've found that the evasion skill is very powerful, adds an amazing amount of survivability... Till it runs out then blap.

Thanks for helping! Great explanation.