Immovable npcs in town

IronJosh1988

So you just slayed 30 trolls skinned them and spit on their corpses. Then you get to town and walk down a tight alley just checking out the town. When all of a sudden some scrawny little city boy walks up to the entrance as you're trying to leave. Being the strapping hero that you are you think I'll slap this punk and teach him not to block the pathways. Little did you know his shoes are full of concrete and he's not going to move until he's good and ready you're sword and grit be damned.

It kind of pulls you out of the experience maybe just make it so you can push them like you can with your companion. I'm aware it's a small and trivial matter before anyone comes to tell me how stupid I am in not so many words. just something that would be more befitting the killer instinct of our glorious heroes.

Grim Rapper

IronJosh1988":3vv2nnqy said:
So you just slayed 30 trolls skinned them and spit on their corpses. Then you get to town and walk down a tight alley just checking out the town. When all of a sudden some scrawny little city boy walks up to the entrance as you're trying to leave. Being the strapping hero that you are you think I'll slap this punk and teach him not to block the pathways. Little did you know his shoes are full of concrete and he's not going to move until he's good and ready you're sword and grit be damned.

It kind of pulls you out of the experience maybe just make it so you can push them like you can with your companion. I'm aware it's a small and trivial matter before anyone comes to tell me how stupid I am in not so many words. just something that would be more befitting the killer instinct of our glorious heroes.

Imagine when you're having a Justice, Myrosian Breastplate and Unique Wood Buckler-thing(I forgot the name) when on the way to defeating the Librarians in the Grey Library, suddenly 2 Iron Golem cornered you when they're trying to helping me defeating the bunch of Librarians, leaving me no choice to reload my old save in the inn, and just got a Hero's Shield and a Half-awesome Potion afterwards :mad:

Yes, this is a problem
David pls give us your mercy

VDX_360

Staff member
NPC's that block the way are a known issue and have been a subject to a few update tweaks. If the NPC's don't move very much, they can become stationary blocks, if they move too much, they can get in the way all over town.

Warrior skills Charge and Whirlwind help prevent getting cornered. Charge will get you past enemies and traps (and even NPC's!). Whirlwind has knock-back. Getting corned by an enemy group is part of the tactics of the game (or rather, how to avoid getting cornered).

IronJosh1988

although I can see getting corned by enemies as a headache I agree that's part of the game play and strategic positioning. my complaint was about the in town npcs. I haven't checked using Whirlwind on them but I don't have the charge skill and wasn't planning on getting it. I just imagined being able to push them like you can with your companions would be a simple easy fix without forcing someone to change their build to deal with this issue. it is a minor issue just thought I'd bring it up in the name of being the best game possible without slight annoyances.

Grim Rapper

IronJosh1988":2vr1rupv said:
although I can see getting corned by enemies as a headache I agree that's part of the game play and strategic positioning. my complaint was about the in town npcs. I haven't checked using Whirlwind on them but I don't have the charge skill and wasn't planning on getting it. I just imagined being able to push them like you can with your companions would be a simple easy fix without forcing someone to change their build to deal with this issue. it is a minor issue just thought I'd bring it up in the name of being the best game possible without slight annoyances.

I don't think it will help me....
51abca3516.png

Cuckoorex

I got stuck in the Mercian Royal Crypt after talking to the Ghostly Scribe... I walked to the corner of the room to check to see if there was anything to pick up, and Hirge was trying to follow me... so then I tried to get out of the corner but I couldn't interact with Hirge because the Ghostly Scribe was in the way (only option to have dialogue with him). Had to reload from an earlier save and learned my lesson to avoid that corner!

IronJosh1988

Grim Rapper":m6nap5m7 said:
IronJosh1988":m6nap5m7 said:

I don't think it will help me....
51abca3516.png

I see that is a bigger problem then what I was talking about mines an annoyance. that's a game ender if you don't have earlier saves. I'm guessing you can't attack them? I'm sure David will come up with a way to fix both issues eventually