Spoilers If the Three and Tol each were assigned a class

Thread contains spoilers about game content

Geezer

Aha! I do need to head back up there because I was really close to buying a house (actually got enough rep when I last went to the Hall of Wisdom and got the Bishop's Ring, then remembered the Rogue I was roleplaying and reloaded the save from beforehand to gain the XP instead), I think I was about 5 rep points away but the only TH quests were for Varanarri witches so hopefully they've had time to refresh.

There's still a lot of lore I've yet to discover but I'm digging deeper with each quest I do.
Thanks for the pointers.

Geezer

Look for the Temple of the Sleepers. It's where the Oppalan Frontier's final chapter takes place ;)
That is a timely tip; I'd hit a wall with the Archbishop because (I assumed) my rogue wasn't a member of the Three, so she wouldn't talk to me about the book, even with Hirge with me.
I tried going back to my Lvl14 cleric that had enough rep with the Three for the book quest but I didn't have enough stun resistance for the cave, even after doing a quest nearby for an amulet with some.

This knowledge lets me carry on more as I was going, although I did just grab and return Spirit Cleaver while I was up there; a Hag quest popped up at the Nivarian Town Hall, letting me earn the last bit of rep I needed for the house so I can sort my inventory a bit better before heading down there again.

I've talked to the golem previously to open up that quest and have two of the medallions already (including the one you need to jump for after a fight), so hopefully I can follow this up without too much of a grind on the way. Cheers.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
That is a timely tip; I'd hit a wall with the Archbishop because (I assumed) my rogue wasn't a member of the Three, so she wouldn't talk to me about the book, even with Hirge with me.

I don't think being a Church member is necessary for this. But Archbishop Dilla will only talk about the book after you've returned it to Brother Iagus. Also, you need INT 2 to question her about the book. Only smart people get to be in the book club ;)

Geezer

Well, unless you mean my INT is too high..
..because I definitely gave him the book.

It did say she was meditating at the time, are there certain prayer hours I need to avoid? There's definitely no option to talk to her about it and I hadn't been into that room prior to this, since I didn't know it was open to non-clergy members even until you mentioned her.

Atomos

It did say she was meditating at the time, are there certain prayer hours I need to avoid? There's definitely no option to talk to her about it and I hadn't been into that room prior to this, since I didn't know it was open to non-clergy members even until you mentioned her.
Did you try all dialogue options? In situations like this, you have to be like telemarketer! Don't let a mere: no, or some meditation deter you. You have to say everything that's in your book! ;x

Geezer

Did you try all dialogue options? In situations like this, you have to be like telemarketer! Don't let a mere: no, or some meditation deter you. You have to say everything that's in your book! ;x
The only choices it gave me were to leave her to her meditation or ask for guidance and training; when I asked for that, she just said she only offers training to members and my only option after that was to leave her again. No mention of the book at all.

I just beat the Lord of the City and came back up to empty my inventory of gems again but maybe I need to complete this Sleepers' quest first. I'll go back to Nivarian when I've done it and we'll see.

IAmOdie

This is my own theory on Thelume, and believe me, this is probably the weirdest and wildest theory about Thelume you will ever hear:

I imagine Thelume is like Kage the Florist from Yakuza/Like A Dragon series, but in a fantasy world. Thelume is actually a Rogue, a Spy, who has magical tracking devices tapped all over the Varannar Islands which allowed him to watch over and listen to every info or movements that the devices captured, and informants all over the Kingdoms in every cities who would tell him the most crucial info about anything he would like to know about. Thus, he is the ultimate source of information in Varannar, and called Thelume the wise, not just because of wisdom, but because he could know about anything he wants, including the past, the present, and even the future.

Thelume the Wise, however, is no slouch. In fact, he is a sly one. He could infiltrate a heavily guarded castle unnoticed, without causing a single commotion, which allows him to easily kill the most important person. This set of skill is why he is able to put every magical tracking devices in all over the Varannar.

At least, that's my own theory about Thelume.

Atomos

@IAmOdie clerics have a skill: Thelume's Wisdom that grants them visions. Maybe every time they use it, Thelume gets his own visions, or can use the cleric's senses? Or maybe he can use turbo charged version of this skill?