Idea for item crafting (should it ever happen).

0rion79

Hi, just wanted to share an idea for End-of-the-game activities..

I am pretty sure that almost all of you find your vaults used as a wardrobe, where you stock specialized gear for different purposes. Yet there are so many variations and trade-offs that somehow even 4 vaults may not be enough to properly store everything.

So, agreed that having no better item during 90% of the game adds flavor and variety since it prevents staple choices, what about adding some unique character, such as a little imp, dwarf or sentient golem that is able to merge similar items to create unique ones that properly stack qualities together?

For instance:
Sacred Symbol of the Tree, obtained by merging: Amulet of the Eyes, Holy Symbol of the Tree and Amulet of the Forest.
The result is: Life +8; Detection 1; Awareness +1; Spirit +20.

Enhanced Iagus' ring of learning.
Requires:
Iagus' Ring of Learning, Ring of Wisdom, Ring of Vitality, Ring of Death Ward.
Result: Wisdom 2; Constitution +1; Death Ward +40; Life +8

Enhanced Oasis ring:
Requires:
Oasis Ring; Ring of Flames, Ring of the Red Sorcerer, Ring of Wisdom x 2
Result: Wisdom 2; Constitution +1; Fire Ward +30; Mana +10

Ultimate Ring of Isolation:
Requires:
Ring of Perfect Isolation; Ring of Star Traveller
Result: Like RotST but with electric resistance up to 35

Azaph's Royal Ring of Elements
Requires:
Azaph's Ring of Elements, 1 greater elemental ring of each kind, 2 x Rings of Wisdom
Result: Wisdom II, Resistance to Fire, Ice and Electricity to 30, AC+1, Life +10

Gem of the Forest
Requires:
Ring of the Frozen Heart, Greater Ring of Ice, Ring of Endurance, 2 x Rings of Wisdom
Result: Wisdom II, Resistance to Acid & Cold up to 30, AC+1, Life +20

Ilmarian Ivory Ring
Requires:
Ivory Ring, Greater Ring of Ice, Greater Ring of Fire, Ring of Death Ward, 2 x Rings of Wisdom;
Result: Wisdom II, Detection III, Resistance to Death, Fire & Cold up to 30, Life +5

Dragonfoot Boots
Requires:
Ironfoot Boots; Ruined Dragon Boots / Dragon Boots:
Result: AC 4: Life: +6: Fire Resistance: + 40; Stability

Royal Crown of the Heavens:
Requires: Tiara of the Mentalist, Greater Tiara of the Heavens
Result: AC 2; Life: 25; Mana: 15; Detection 2; Intelligence: 2; Resistances: Electricity: 25; Spirit: 10

As you see there is nothing overpowered but it helps to reduce the inventory ONLY at the very end of the game AFTER that you have appreciated every nuance... just saying.

Last edited:

IAmOdie

Good idea. Read my post somewhere in this site, about either the Legendary Orc Blacksmith, or the Powerful Minotaur Blacksmith. If either, or even both, of them would be realized into the next update, I kinda wish your suggestion would also be possible via either of these two blacksmiths.

This should be posted on Feedback forum, however, not the General one. If either you or the Mod, either @VDX_360 or someone else, move this forum to Feedback, I will upvote this suggestion. đź‘Ť

p4ran0id

Staff member
I moved it to feedback since it's suggestions.

yeah I like the idea. really amazing would be if it's like in Diablo 2, so you get a cube where you can combine different stuff. but maybe it's too much, not sure if David will do it.

Xen

Loreseeker
Quite a good idea. Actually I can sell most of the items but it's hard to let go especially for Loreseekers 'coz of item updates or data gathering