Idea for better sequence for The Mad wizard quest

Vaaclav

Translator
I have idea for better (more logical) sequence of solution of A Mad Wizard quest:

1. meeting Janod with Adaon as companion
2. speaking with Janod and Adaon about orb

3. getting orb
4. new meeting with Janod

5a. giving orb to Janod
5b. paying 10 000 instead giving orb (with excuse that you need it for future)

:arrow:

Currently, I can pay 10 000 - but then I cannot kill thief in jail behind Butterfingers - and then I still can get orb

It seems a bit strange.

And by the way, I would also suggest a minor quest for jailed priest - instead his killing (but this would be optional)

feldon

Loreseeker
You can agree to search for the orb, get the orb, then decide you want to pay the 10k. This allows you to keep the orb but your reputation with the Wizard's will still be shot.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to correct.

Vaaclav

Translator
Problem is, that if I have orb in backpack, I cannot pay 10 000.

And this is what deserves corrrection. Here is space for other options to achieve higher (or even lower) reputation.

feldon

Loreseeker
The Orb of Shadows is not an item we are meant to keep. When the quest was first introduced, 10k was a fortune (most expensive thing in the game at the time). Only once some of us starting breaking down all the quest options (mainly for the wiki), it was found it was possible to keep the orb.

Spoilers about the orb
To keep it, stick it in storage (house/vault), pay the 10k, then pick it back up. The orb has no uses outside the Mad Wizard quest at this point, though David has hinted that it may be a item used in crafting

julio0728

Hi all, I like this game very much, it is awesome.

I played some time ago this quest "A Mad wizard", that time I was not aware of this forum and wiki and I just killed the wizard and keep the orb.

I wonder if someone know how can I fix my reputation with the wizard guild? I have -40, Jabob seems that do not appears any more.

Thanks.

feldon

Loreseeker
julio0728":25e4fp5g said:
Hi all, I like this game very much, it is awesome.

I played some time ago this quest "A Mad wizard", that time I was not aware of this forum and wiki and I just killed the wizard and keep the orb.

I wonder if someone know how can I fix my reputation with the wizard guild? I have -40, Jabob seems that do not appears any more.

Thanks.
Howdy. Unfortunately there is no way to repair your reputation with the WG yet. They will be based out of Thuram, an area that has not been developed yet.

Maybe put that play on hold and start a new play w a different class or difficulty. With your previous knowledge and a Wiki if you choose to use it, you'll find it helps a lot.