Icle weapons and lack of mage weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbqngrill

So there are two ho-hum ice daggers, different names same pic, please, since they are tiny and do little make them off hand and something to think on:

If a mage has high strength how should this not enable them to use any weapon they choose? At strength 6 level 20 why am I still dealing with pathetic weapons? Why not even some green lantern like power where i can create virtual axes, swords, ropes, whips, daggers etc even bows? Now that wud be cool, even creating a whole set of temporary warrior or cleric abilities and long lasting so when ur manna is down to a sliver and no more x regens you suddenly can become a warrior-cleric for 40 seconds to a minute depending on ur level or intell. By level 20 that should be a trainable skill, maybe call it Last Stand or Dying Lantern in ref to Green Lantern

freez

cool idea, but i don't think melee weapons on mages would be a good idea since the mage is supposed to be fragile. just max out your staff mastery and use a powerful staff if you are already level 20.

also its been years since there has been a real update. we haven't even unlocked the orc kingdom yet.

VDX_360

Staff member
Why are you giving your mage STR 6?

AGL gives damage boost for wands.
INT gives damage boost for staves.

A recurring complaint appears to be that you want to play the game in an arbitrary manner, and than get upset that the game doesn't work your way.
So you might enjoy this game, and any game, if you learn the game rather than just doing what ever you want and than getting frustrated it doesn't work.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
In terms of Dungeons & Dragons spells I loved the idea and name of Mordenkainen's Sword but you just have to accept we don't have that here (it's in Baldur's Gate though).

For Magic-Users (blast-from-the-past name there!) in this game Ancient Fang and Sailor Buckler are your best pre-Cape pre-Dragon martial combat choices but they're really sub-optimal. And even then... daggers are Light and thus AGI > STR.

Status
Not open for further replies.