Icicle vs the fire dragon

ClockworkGhost

...after making a flippant comment about charging the fire dragon with the long complex name, I actually did go give it a real slapping with the new sword, and yes - Icicle will tear the dragon to bits with my current build. The combination of lvl 3 in all four warrior special skills and a high speed, high DPS weapon obliterates the dragon without any fuss.

Maybe the dragon could be sitting in a lake of fire, or be able to regenerate?

RPGuru#32

I think i have meantioned something about this before as well. Being an ancient and intelligent being, not just a big stupid beast is what a dragon is. I really think the imp priest should be healing the dragon. Ir the dragon shouldn't be lurable at all. Just have him sit in the nice soothing flames and use range attacks and knockback and stun any one that gets too close. It did not get to be a big bad named dragon by being lured into a situation where he is at a disadvantage. Would really be cool if he had intervention but no other casting spells, or large breath weapon with knockback. Would make it a lot more interesting.

feldon

Loreseeker
Few things:
1. Don't forget what it was like the first time you took on the dragon. I'm assuming you died, or had to pound a ton of potions, or didn't attempt him until you were nicely leveled/equipped. Downside of a beta done in stages is older players only get stronger, usually surpassing the intended level/gear at which the dragon will typically be encountered by new players once it fully developed. As hard as it is, we have to sometimes remember to put ourselves in the shoes of a brand new player who picks the game up for the first time on Version 1.314.

2. We only assume the two dragons we have faced are fearsome because they are our only frame of reference. For all we know, they could be the runts of the litter, banished from the better spots by the true terrors.