I need help killing the dimensional parasite

VDX_360

Staff member
Class, build, Difficulty Level, Character Level?

General Advice:
Scoring as many points as possible in the debate will help you gain allies in the fight (see Wiki for exact details).

The Parasite is an Outside, so Banishment weapons do extra damage ( e.g. Adamantite set).

Using top tier potions/scrolls/etc will help. Even if a summons only last a few seconds, it can give you breathing room. And if it isn't attacked, the summons damage can add up over a long fight.

Potions of Lessor Restoration and Scrolls of Circle of Restoration will aid greatly.

It's a tough fight but doable.

Jose chs

I'm a mage, I build with everything on 5 except strength
Post automatically merged:    

normal difficulty

VDX_360

Staff member
What level?

Are you a staff (2-H) mage, or a wand (1-H) mage? Do you have Summon skills, etc?

Kakost

I'm a mage, I build with everything on 5 except strength
Not ideal. You really dont need anything more than Awareness 2 (you gain another +2 from items), Endurance 3 or 4 (you gain +2 from items), Persuasion 4 (you gain +2 from items). Strength is 0.

Between Intelligence and Agility, it depends if you use Staff or Wand. In case you use Staves, Agi 4 is all you need (and you get +3 from item), and everything else should go to Intelligence.

In case you use Wands, Intelligence 4 or 5 is probably ideal, and everything else should go into Agility.

Now, what are the skills that you have? What build do you follow, Summoner or Elementalist?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Another common cause of frustration is the weapon of choice. What might have worked well for other enemies in the Ark (which are shock-vulnerable) might not be your best option here. Consider normal damage staff/wand, and Banishing if possible.