I lost my Green Card in the Ark! Help!

Platform
Android

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
In the chaos of battle, I must have dropped the Green Card in the Ark... I just realised it's not in my bag! And it's no longer in the room!!!

My oldest save is too recent, it's been weeks since I found the Green Card. I was preparing for the big finale. Now I can't get to the elevator. The world is doomed!!!!!!!!

Is there a way to pick the lock or something?
The fate of humanity depends on it...

VDX_360

Staff member
That's.... concerning. It tends to be rather hard to lose quest items.

Let's do some double checks:

1) Check you inventory, your backpack, your Town Hall Vaults, and your chests in your house(s), and the chests in the Tower (the front one, and the ones in the lab). That's a lot places to have put something and forgot about it.

2) Did you lose all your cards, or just one? After you open the last security door, all the cards are removed from your inventory.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I've checked it all. I remember how I lost it.
I found the card, right in the middle of a big battle, but it fell to the floor because my inventory was full. I opened my bag of holding to choose what junk to throw out to make room, found I still had a scroll of healing, picked it up and used it to save my golem who was about to die, got back into the fight, ran everywhere like crazy until I could use another item, drank a mana potion, blew stuff up, barely survived and quickly activated the Ark's console and teleported back to Icemist before the radioactive fuel leak finished me off.

It was an epic battle. I celebrated my victory, sold my loot, made a fortune and went on to buy a new batch of scrolls and potions and to farm XP so I'd be ready for the big finale!!!

I was so happy. So young and naive.

Now that I'm back into the Ark, I realise I never actually picked up the Green Card after making room for it in my bag... Maybe if I throw a lightning bolt at the Ark's main computer the doors will open?

VDX_360

Staff member
You would have gotten a warning about an important item falling to the ground.
You chose to ignore that warning. As understandable as a chaotic fight might be, you did leave a key item. Sorry :-(
If you had caught the error, you could have gotten back if you had gotten back to the area before the map reset, you might have been able to check the ground for it before it was lost forever.

Since key items are a fixed, one-time drop, it's very unlikely the green card is back on the corpse. You can check just to calm your nerves. But, it's unlikely to be there.

It looks like you're going to have to start new game if you don't have a save file / back-up from before the incident. Always good to make a few of those. It only takes a few seconds to save the game in a new slot. It can really help avoid this type of issue.

Wrenn

That's one thing truly open world allows you to make irredeemable mistakes. You were going to play it through again anyway. So swallow, buck up, and do (or dont) it again. Better luck next through. Been there by talking back to that wiz in Kingsbridge.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
a good method for these cases is to implement a chest where lost key elements will reappear as in dark souls 1

I prefer the game the way it is. Failure needs to have consequences. It's what makes the game exciting!

The Forsaken won. I couldn't break in the control room in time. I waited for the horrors by the walls of New Garand. I like to imagine that when the horrors came, I tried to fight with courage in the face of hopeless odds. But let's be realistic. By the time the horrors got to New Garand, they must have been taller than mountains. Their sheer presence probably warped the very fabric of spacetime, twisting Varannar until space itself snapped and hell poured in, maybe even the white abyss or the great shadows... or who knows what other strange dimension lies beneath the veil. I probably shit myself, panicked and prayed to Tol until I got crushed by the crowd of terrified humans trampling over each others.

All because I failed to pick up that green card.

Now THAT's a consequence!
10/10, will play again ;)

Deleted member 30241

I prefer the game the way it is. Failure needs to have consequences. It's what makes the game exciting!

The Forsaken won. I couldn't break in the control room in time. I waited for the horrors by the walls of New Garand. I like to imagine that when the horrors came, I tried to fight with courage in the face of hopeless odds. But let's be realistic. By the time the horrors got to New Garand, they must have been taller than mountains. Their sheer presence probably warped the very fabric of spacetime, twisting Varannar until space itself snapped and hell poured in, maybe even the white abyss or the great shadows... or who knows what other strange dimension lies beneath the veil. I probably shit myself, panicked and prayed to Tol until I got crushed by the crowd of terrified humans trampling over each others.

All because I failed to pick up that green card.

Now THAT's a consequence!
10/10, will play again ;)
I guess Gris,Addy,Hirge is disappointed on you, they tank for you,yet you don't save the world lol

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I guess Gris,Addy,Hirge is disappointed on you, they tank for you,yet you don't save the world lol

Oh oh... What happened to them?
They're like trolls, always get up after taking a beating. They're immortal! Maybe they beat the horrors? Lol