How's my 2H warrior?

APS

I'm currently playing as a 2H warrior with Hirge for healing and tanking. Any advice on how I can improve my build? And any future tips I should know about would be very helpful too :)
Also what's the best place where I can farm for gold and experience for my level??

Hirge's build

VDX_360

Staff member
There's no "best place to farm for gold and experience." It depends on where you are in the game, how well you're fairing, and what rare drops you might be seeking to collect. Also, in general, places with crypts tend to result in more gold per run. Conversely, places full of beasts tend to result in more XP per run.

Some examples:
The Mausoleum can result in a hefty amount of gold, emeralds and if you haven't gotten them, the rare drop Ruined Dragoon Boots are useful in fire situations.

The Mercian Royal Crypt can drop a decent amount of items.

Bloodpaw Cave is home to several Primeval Bears that can drop the Primeval Mantle. It offers great ice protection as well as a point of defense.

You can also run Town Hall Quests. Those give a decent amount of XP/Gold on top of what you would otherwise get from running the dungeon by itself. The downside is spending the effort to be able to get enough rumor's from the tavern to find the quest item.

Also, if you've reached a natural plateau in quests, this might be a good time to double check you've found all the secret doors in places you've already been. Scrolls of Detection will tell you if there's a remaining secret in a dungeon. So if you use a scroll and DON'T get that message, than you know you've found them all in that dungeon (or area map). Since secret doors often hide Ancient Tolassian Tomes, or other good items, it's useful to find them all.

VDX_360

Staff member
As for your build, it seems you're going for a 2-H warrior with some rounding. That's a pretty good build. It gives solid combat performance, with the ability to pass most quest checks, and find secrets and hear rumors. If you're having fun and progressing game, than it seems you're on a good path.

It seems you're going for a mana intense Hirge, but with Intervention. It seems the benefit of that build is that Hirge has a healthy supply of mana for healing you during long dungeon runs, plus Invention can keep her in the fight against bosses. (Note, Intervention with mana pots is the foundation of the Immortal build, which can be pretty durable.)

The downside is that if Hirge get's knocked out in the dungeon, she'll trigger Intervention, using up all her mana. Since Companions naturally pop-up after getting knocked down, that's overkill.

I --might-- suggest giving Hirge more STR, and if you're going to use 1-H, and Light weapons, than giver her a point or two of agility. She'll get a few good shields and 1-H weapons along the way so it's a good set-up.

APS

Which rare drops are you talking about??

These boots are very good, never knew I could find these there (I've been to mausoleum only once or twice for quest purposes).
As for mercian crypt, I've collected a few ruby keys but never got the chance to visit the crypt.

I've done a few quests from tavern and defeated a few dragons (their loot is really epic!) and some from town hall too. Are townhall and tavern quests unlimited?

Also is there any place where I can farm health and mana potions rather than buying them because they seem quite expensive (especially mana potions because I don't like cognac too much because they don't stack and take too much space).

Thanks a lot for these tips, these will really come in handy while farming 😄
Post automatically merged:    

As for your build, it seems you're going for a 2-H warrior with some rounding. That's a pretty good build. It gives solid combat performance, with the ability to pass most quest checks, and find secrets and hear rumors. If you're having fun and progressing game, than it seems you're on a good path.

It seems you're going for a mana intense Hirge, but with Intervention. It seems the benefit of that build is that Hirge has a healthy supply of mana for healing you during long dungeon runs, plus Invention can keep her in the fight against bosses. (Note, Intervention with mana pots is the foundation of the Immortal build, which can be pretty durable.)

The downside is that if Hirge get's knocked out in the dungeon, she'll trigger Intervention, using up all her mana. Since Companions naturally pop-up after getting knocked down, that's overkill.

I --might-- suggest giving Hirge more STR, and if you're going to use 1-H, and Light weapons, than giver her a point or two of agility. She'll get a few good shields and 1-H weapons along the way so it's a good set-up.
You're right, I'm pretty much smooth sailing right now especially after getting personality and intellect to level 2 (earlier they were level 1 and missed out on a lot of dialogues). I can even handle bosses a few levels higher than me as well.
Also what should I invest my future trait points into?

Yes I agree with you on intervention part, with it she becomes almost immortal. However there have been many times where she did not cast healing spell and got knocked out wasting all of the mana. Do you know how does her healing AI work?

How much strength will be sufficient for her and what skills should I invest her points into (already got heal, barrier and intervention skills maxed)?

Last edited:

Spybread the mage

I think you should big wyvern because Wyvern sometime or always drop emerald or other crystal that just for money but for exp I don't know you should try go to all secret temple like deadwood because undead type always respawn .

VDX_360

Staff member
When undead enemies respawn, they give out a tiny fraction of XP (it's something like 5 xp). So farming respawns is not very effective. It can be fun.