How to obtain the tome from Grey Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

FQVBSina

If I am at bad standing with golden hands? Do I simply have to beat the guards when I confront the guy at the front?

Linosaurus

Yeah, if you choose not to be friends with the Golden hand you have to fight them to get in.

VDX_360

Staff member
Are you talking about the Trait raising Ancient Tolassian Tome? Yes, you need to access the library either through by having a positive reputation with them (Quests) or by just attacking them, which makes you an enemy of the library.

In Exiled Kingdom, there's no library card.

TrollSoup

FYI: You don't have to do it in one go. If you can't​ defeat all the golems you encounter you can leave, heal, and come back. They don't respawn.

pedrinho

Translator
VDX_360":jtlxlfyd said:
Are you talking about the Trait raising Ancient Tolassian Tome? Yes, you need to access the library either through by having a positive reputation with them (Quests) or by just attacking them, which makes you an enemy of the library.

In Exiled Kingdom, there's no library card.

How to atack them???????? Arent they NPCs?

VDX_360

Staff member
When you enter the Grey library, a dialogue box appears. One of the options will start a fight. Plus side, you get to beat an old, greedy man. Downside, you beat up an old man, What's wrong with you??? Be leery of the Golems.

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Just for Wiki purposes (because it isn't listed there and I'm positive with them) what reputation does it set you to when you fight them? -100 Archenemy? And when you say be positive with them, does that include 0 or do you need +1 Golden Hand reputation?

Also is the option to attack them always available or is it just the first encounter when you can? Had anyone tested what happens if you start positive with them and can enter freely, but then go negative with them? Do you lose access?

(Edit: the last question would require some creative quest pathing, first hand them a book of the dead and then compete Spicing Things up favouring Varsilia. Otherwise favouring them in Spicing Things up but then handing all books to loreseekers leaves Golden Hand at +1)

Roukan

Loreseeker
Just checked what I could.

Forcing your way into the library causes -3 to Mercia reputation and -40 to Golden Hand reputation. Further reputation loss with the Golden Hand for killing the Golem in the Eastern room (-2), and for killing the two Golems guarding the North-West corridor (-2 * 2).

Positive reputation requirement to enter without a fight is at least +1. 0 or less would require a fight to get in.

Once granted entry, you'll be able to enter unconditionally, and would no longer be able to initiate a fight with them. Lowering your Golden Hand reputation to negative does not seem to prevent future entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.