How to install EK on new tablet

Platform
Android

Xris

Transferred my files from old tablet to new but unable to access purchased version and all my saved games aren't there.

I deleted all but one of my google accounts that I had on various computers, tablets and phones and voila, there was the full version on my new samsung android tablet. Just like magic. Thanks to forum members and gog galaxy helpers.

I was able to complete one game on my old tablet. I was a level 24 warrior.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Q1: Is your new phone compatible with your old purchase?
Example:
Yes: You bought the game from the Apple store, and your new phone is also an Apple phone.
No: You bought the game from the Apple store, but your new phone is an Android market / Google phone.
If Yes, move to #2.
If No, than stop. You have to make a new purchase of the game as Apple and Google don't share purchases.
Issue: Your current phone must be the same Phone Overlord Company as the original purchase.

Q2: Are you logged in properly, accounts linked properly? Etc?
Follow the devices / Phone Overlord Company link accounts, restore purchase procedures (including restarting devices and forced logouts).
If No, than do so. That should cause the phone to automatically update correctly.
If Yes, okay, this might be an issue with the EK.

Send device infor for the old phone, new phone, and where you go the game.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure what you mean by "transferred files"?

You should install game from play store, or Apple store (depending on your tablet's platform). After that, you just transfer one save file. Restoring purchase is available only if you used same account in store on both devices.

Please, can you give us more details, like @VDX_360 asked?

Xris

I used smart switch to transfer all the files from my Samsung note 10 to my new Samsung tablet. I can open and play the free version but can not access my exported files nor will it find my purchased version or restore full version. When I contacted gog.com I was told that there was no android version of exiled kingdoms but I know that is not true because I play the full android version on my old tablet.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Gog doesn't distribute android version. But, you can find android version in Play store.

So, just install it from play store, and use Purchase restore option, after that, save file should work fine.

Xris

Installed it from play store but still wont work on the purchase restore. It just sits and grinds away and nothing happens. Do I have to purchase the full android version from playstore

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Restore purchase should work if you're using same gmail account you used for purchase on previous device.

Having multiple accounts may cause some issues, but those are on Google side.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Installed it from play store but still wont work on the purchase restore. It just sits and grinds away and nothing happens. Do I have to purchase the full android version from playstore

Yes, you need to buy for each platform. This is the same for all games.

The reason is each "host" platforms demands a fee from the developer. So if you spend $3 buying a game on Gog then about $1 goes to Gog and $2 goes to the developer. But none goes to Apple or Google. So both Apple and Google refuse to "help out" the Gog purchase.

For a developer (an Indie developer, a large-scale publisher might be able to negotiate differently) to make a game for all platforms then (in round figures) for your $3 purchase $1 would got Apple, $1 to Google, $1 to Gog, and $1 to Steam. And it's not even like these are flat fees. They're percentages. So he can't set the price at $12, give $4 to the four platforms, and keep $8. Nope. He'd have to pay $4 to Apple, $4 to Google, $4 to Steam, and $4 to Gog. So for every $12 of revenue the developer would have to play $16 just to have the files hosted.

And that's why the game isn't cross-platform. It's not the developer WANTS you to buy several times, but you do.

Same as if you have a PlayStation and love Call of Duty and have the entire set, if you buy an Xbox, then yes, you have to buy the entire set again.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yes, you need to buy for each platform. This is the same for all games.

No that's wrong! He went from Samsung, so it's already Android store. The separate buy option (where you buy full version as separate "app") in shop came way later, when you bought it in-app it should still work as long as you use same account. In settings there is a restore purchase for that.