How to get +60 rep in Varsilia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounkeng

Do you get negative reputation? I don't recall receiving negative reputation for failed THQs.

THQ can be found inside caves.

hamiltd3

You sure do, I had started checking in caves and managed to find some of them.
I'm going to every campsite, boss location in caves, etc... and finally getting some luck! +2 for finishing successfully, -1 if you fail one.

hamiltd3

So the ones I'm having trouble with finding now are the lost items, Tomes of ???
Are they in chests somewhere? On a random guy? I'm racing around, trying to find it in less than a day now with no luck so far. :(

Ziggprith

Translator
hamiltd3":25rk4z8b said:
So the ones I'm having trouble with finding now are the lost items, Tomes of ???
Are they in chests somewhere? On a random guy? I'm racing around, trying to find it in less than a day now with no luck so far. :(

They're mostly in chest near guardians.

hamiltd3

Near guardians, do you mean bosses or harder enemies? I searched and searched but finally gave up and let those expire, then went after quests around New Garand since I could find them. It seems like the orc sergeant or whoever the enemy is you have to kill doesn't show up on the map until you get a rumor that gives at least a partial location for them. Still trying to figure this out but at least I got to 60 rep finally...

I just won't do the tomes again, it's too hard to find them.

Anomandaris

hamiltd3":1cmicnro said:
I used to see him a lot when I'd run around near Kingsbridge, and I was nice and let him live every time. I just felt sorry for him, poor little knight, thinking he could beat all this awesomeness. Now instead I get this giant group of orcs and they're annoying and don't give me any reputation at all. I'm saving the city from an orc invasion! Surely that's got to be worth something!!

I'll try doing the townhall quests again, sigh...
I suspect there is a limited number of times you can encounter him. I seem to remember David saying somewhere on this forum that he intends reputation to be a limited resource (I think he was explaining why THQs aren't unlimited in number).

That character makes me wonder if David is a Monty Python fan. Whenever I strike him, I halfway expect him to say, "Right, I'll do you for that!" or, when I let him live, "Come back here! I'll bite your legs off!"

Uljan

man, I have reputation 94 in Varsilia. I spared the life of that guy several times and completed some city hall quests but most of the reputation came from the choices I made. I think you did the wrong (greedy) choices and that's something you must deal with. For instance, your decisions can affect more reputations at the same time. Mercia and Varannari are discordant most of the times. So you must try to balance the two in order to keep selling pelts to the varannari hunters and still get fair conversations with Mercia people. Reputation in Varsilia is for the "good guys".
I decided to sacrifice the reputation with the golden hand (-54) and for sure this will impact my chances to access some quests, but it is part of the RPG spirit: create the charachter you prefer and deal with the fact that you can't be loved by all the factions at one time

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Sounkeng":397cn147 said:
Do you get negative reputation?
Yes, you do.

I always save before accepting THQ, just in case something goes wrong.

hamiltd3

I want everybody to love me!!! :) I have helped the Varannari every chance I could, so that definitely hurt me with a few cities, and chose to be on good terms with the golden hand... (Sorry lady about that family heirloom...) I got enough reputation now but I really like how your choices do affect how towns and other people perceive you. This is a great game and I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the next update.

Uljan":3momvq2p said:
man, I have reputation 94 in Varsilia. I spared the life of that guy several times and completed some city hall quests but most of the reputation came from the choices I made. I think you did the wrong (greedy) choices and that's something you must deal with. For instance, your decisions can affect more reputations at the same time. Mercia and Varannari are discordant most of the times. So you must try to balance the two in order to keep selling pelts to the varannari hunters and still get fair conversations with Mercia people. Reputation in Varsilia is for the "good guys".
I decided to sacrifice the reputation with the golden hand (-54) and for sure this will impact my chances to access some quests, but it is part of the RPG spirit: create the charachter you prefer and deal with the fact that you can't be loved by all the factions at one time

Status
Not open for further replies.