How do you detect secrets with warrior?

ZeroesHero

It's been a while since I used a scroll, but don't they let you know if there are still undiscovered secrets in the area? I know thelumes wisdom lets you know how many secrets are still not found. I thought scrolls did kind of the same thing just without an exact number. Am I remembering this wrong?

Fenton

I have a 21 level warrior and have detected 51 out if 52 secrets . I have level 3 dungeonering and have increased my str etc pretty evenly. I have. 60% find secrets

VDX_360

Staff member
ZeroesHero":avnol7ax said:
It's been a while since I used a scroll, but don't they let you know if there are still undiscovered secrets in the area?...
When a scroll is used, a message in blue font will appear in the combat log that there are still remaining secrets in the area, if there any left for the map. If there aren't any, the scroll does nothing and no message.

ZeroesHero

VDX_360":stdgqd51 said:
ZeroesHero":stdgqd51 said:
It's been a while since I used a scroll, but don't they let you know if there are still undiscovered secrets in the area?...
When a scroll is used, a message in blue font will appear in the combat log that there are still remaining secrets in the area, if there any left for the map. If there aren't any, the scroll does nothing and no message.

Thought so. Thank you. Probably best answer you are going to get OP. Without using wiki, if a scroll tells you there are still secrets left, do your best to judge where a secret door might be located on your map of the area and try another scroll near it.

Comrey

Translator
From what I've noticed, walking seems to trigger the 'roll' that decides whether or not you detect a secret door, a trap, and etc. If you've used a scroll and know that there's a secret somewhere in the area, just keep walking in circles, back and forth etc between two points where you think a secret door may be. Ask yourself where it would make sense for a secret door to be. Eventually something should pop.

Linosaurus

Comrey":vjz2jgfn said:
From what I've noticed, walking seems to trigger the 'roll' that decides whether or not you detect a secret door, a trap, and etc. If you've used a scroll and know that there's a secret somewhere in the area, just keep walking in circles, back and forth etc between two points where you think a secret door may be. Ask yourself where it would make sense for a secret door to be. Eventually something should pop.
Standing still works too. It rolls detection once every 3 seconds Iirc. A few times on my replay I'd go afk where I knew there was a secret door, and come back to have found it with 5% chance.

A companion with 3 skill points in dungeonering will find some things. Especially once you get some items with detect chance but that's pretty late game.