Horses(sounds dumb but can be faster)

Goldbarbarian

:? Horses would be good you can buy a horse for 200 gold and they have their own health you have faster speed but lower defense plz reply if you thinks its good?

feldon

Loreseeker
I like the idea of pros/cons to the fast travel method. Melee characters could take a slight hit in DPS while ranged are unaffected.

If horses are offered for rent, a quest should exist to 'recruit' a permanent nameable horse. Mine would totally be Artex.

Board Troll will insist Swamp Donkeys be offered at a much reduced price and since Swamp Donkeys are such fierce 'beasts', you gain armor and damage

Goldbarbarian

So its a good idea there should be an option to get off when in a city or entering a dungeon but im getting ahead of my self he should just concentrate on more maps and dungeons and side quests

feldon

Loreseeker
Of course. All the fun stuff we talk about will have to wait until after the main story is able to be completed.

I'd see the mechanics being certain skills are disabled while on horse(donkey)back, horse can be interacted w like a companion (top right button) allowing dismount, return to stable, etc.

Goldbarbarian

ArrowsFTW":1rl0cm0o said:
How bout horses are buyable and swampdonkeys from a quest and its more faster
Yea and you could have a stable outside of your house to put your horse/donkey

Board Troll

feldon":21i2pj6u said:
I like the idea of pros/cons to the fast travel method. Melee characters could take a slight hit in DPS while ranged are unaffected.

If horses are offered for rent, a quest should exist to 'recruit' a permanent nameable horse. Mine would totally be Artex.

Board Troll will insist Swamp Donkeys be offered at a much reduced price and since Swamp Donkeys are such fierce 'beasts', you gain armor and damage

So fierce and so mean mean

Swampdonkeys are so wonderful.

I would literally cry if I seen a swampdonkey

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I would love to add them, but have a look at most of the 2D isometric games like Baldur's Gate and you'll see most of them don't have mounts. In 3D, everything is easy; add models, attach skeletons, animate, and voilá. In 2D everything is pre-rendered into "sheets". I'd need to add new sprites for every weapon and armor animation while riding a horse; basically it would use a lot of extra memory, and low-spec devices would suffer.

I am not saying it is impossible; I might rewrite the engine to optimize here and there and make it able to handle such sprites; in fact, if I ever want to make a MMORPG, I know people will want horses, so I'll have to find a way. But I won't do any of that until the game is complete.

Goldbarbarian

DavidBVal":10kcji3v said:
I would love to add them, but have a look at most of the 2D isometric games like Baldur's Gate and you'll see most of them don't have mounts. In 3D, everything is easy; add models, attach skeletons, animate, and voilá. In 2D everything is pre-rendered into "sheets". I'd need to add new sprites for every weapon and armor animation while riding a horse; basically it would use a lot of extra memory, and low-spec devices would suffer.

Cool thanks. I just wanted to know if possible but you know how their is goblins with spears will we see spears later on in the game?