Hiring multiple adventurers

Ivan the Immigrant

I don't know was this topic discussed before. What about possibility of hiring more than one adventurer. I am still at the beggining of the game so I don't know if it's possible at higher levels but for now I can recruit only one acompanion. I think it would proof very useful if I could hire more than one acompanion at the time. Although too big party would be confusing, party of at least three would be great.

Edit: Ughh, sorry, this thread was supposed to be opened in 'feedback' section. My mistake.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Wait until you recruit an actual Companion, the hired followers are mere cannon fodder (I'll improve them a little soon).

But I won't add larger party for the normal game. There is little point to have a 4-5 people party that you can't really control, the game becomes random and automatic. In a turn-based game, sure, a large party makes it tactical. In an action-RPG, it would just be a mess. Not to mention, it would destroy balance. If I design a dungeon to be challenging for a party of 4, it's no longer reasonable to do it with just 1. So it wouldn't be an option, everyone would go for full party then, and the game would be completely different.

In some circumstances, you can have more people fighting on your side. Certain quests and encounters.

Shep

If you designed a dungeon for 4 people *you plus 3 companions * I'd try it by myself... Lol

Ivan the Immigrant

DavidBVal":18bz43q2 said:
There is little point to have a 4-5 people party that you can't really control, the game becomes random and automatic.

Yes I agree 4-5 party would be too much. You easily lose them since they spread all around and automatically engage with enemy. However I was thinking maybe just one additional mercenary. It still can be moderated by making them not available all the time. For example, now I am in the city of Lanegar and two mercenaries are available, so if possible I would recruit them both. Just one additional mercenary would prove very helpfull to reach Flamedancer Itharrac....Well, it's just suggestion of course...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Have you found your first companion? You can have her AND a mercenary

Ivan the Immigrant

DavidBVal":1rxdbh4s said:

Uhh, I still haven't. I still haven't explored much. For now I visited only city of Lanegar and colonists at North Bluemist River but noone offers as companion. But thanks for the tip. I'll try to find her... ;)

Tikibane

Ivan the Immigrant":3l52hke4 said:
DavidBVal":3l52hke4 said:

Uhh, I still haven't. I still haven't explored much. For now I visited only city of Lanegar and colonists at North Bluemist River but noone offers as companion. But thanks for the tip. I'll try to find her... ;)
one of the quests near the colony gives you a companion