Hirge's visual was inspired by Joan of Arc

KarlwithC

Hello, I'm a veteran player of the game, but this is my first time interacting with the community. Actually, I created an account here just to share a recent "discovery" I made about Hirge today. I don't know how many people now's that, or even if someone knows it, but it doesn't matter.

So, I was researching about some random historical figures that came to my head, when I found Joan of Arc, you know, that famous french heroin of war. Specifically, this particular catholic painting of her below.

If you payed attention to Hirge's icon during the dialogues with her, you should probably note the resemblances between her and Joan in this painting above.

To investigate this, I went to Steam's page about Hirge and the results were pretty interesting, at least for me.

So, basically, I discovered that the devs of the game used a painting of a very famous person in history as a base to one of Hirge's artistic representation creation (I hope I didn't disappoint you).

This actually blew my mind a little bit, cause it came from nowhere and I think the "reference" it's really cool. I don't know if the devs left the obvious rereading purposefully to be discovered by the players, but anyways, that's it.

As I said in the beginning, someone may have discovered this before me, and if that's the case, let me know it. Thanks for the attention!

Xen

Loreseeker
Actually the dev used random images from the internet as well as from other games' resources (but of course with credits to the owner) for NPC avatars and even character creation avatar

KarlwithC

Actually the dev used random images from the internet as well as from other games' resources (but of course with credits to the owner) for NPC avatars and even character creation avatar
Yeah, I know it. Actually, this art of Hirge was apparently done by a player, not by the developer. I just found some old discussions about it on reddit and that some other characters also have famous paintings as icons.

Xen

Loreseeker
Yeah, I know it. Actually, this art of Hirge was apparently done by a player, not by the developer. I just found some old discussions about it on reddit and that some other characters also have famous paintings as icons.
The avatar of Hirge isn't done by a player but the fan made artwork you showed in this thread is from one of the player
Post automatically merged:    

And the dev didn't make the portraits either, the artwork on Steam is actually a commisioned work from an artist he hired