Solved Hirge can't get trait points.

Solution is provided
Platform
Android

Szurmat

I'm a lvl 7 warrior and my Hirge can't get any trait points.

2 situations:
- 1st at around lvl 5 - in the tomb next to New Garand. I got the trait book and used it -> no effect. So I reloaded and repeated -> no effect. Then tried on myself and it worked normally
- 2nd is *now* just got lvl 7 on Hirge -> I got the skill point, no trait point

VDX_360

Staff member
My best guess is that you're getting Hirge at such a low level that she has negative trait points in the background data. So when she goes up a level, or gets a tomb used on her, she seems to not get it, when if fact it's getting added to the negative balance. She'll still have a point more than she would otherwise have, just not visible to you... yet.

Companions have a bit of an odd trait / skill set up for balance. So if you get them very low level, they won't appear to follow the standard trait progression. If you first get them at a higher level, you won't even notice the issue.

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, Hirge gets her low-level trait points at Level 1, that way no matter what level you get her, she still has her baseline. What that means is if you get her at a low enough level, she's still earning trait points / skill points, for the the traits / skills she already has. That's the "negative" I was referring to in the post.

This exact issue came up here.

Szurmat

Ok, thanks for info! Got her around lvl 4 or 5 & I didn't know that was a thing haha!