Hirge advanced skills

LuizFN

Is there any way to teach Hirge combat-focused advanced skills (Duel/Heavy Hand) playing as a Rogue? These seems to be the only skills to improve her DPS.
As every good rogue should be, I'm a member of Thieve's Guild, thus, I haven't access to Warrior's Guild training.

If none, the skill limitation for companions is even bigger when playing with a companion which class is "not compatible" with your guild (Rogue with Gris/Hirge, Warrior with Adaon/Hirge, and so on...), which is meaningless.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
EK v1.2 (at the moment there's only first part of v1.2 out) offers advanced companions' skills in predefined set. So, you'll have what you have.

In general, as companions have some sort of "immortality", they are very powerful however you look at it.

Owns

Loreseeker
With the current version, after completing Hirge's storyline quest (must be Lvl 13+ to trigger the start of the quest) she will gain access to the following advanced skills: Duel, Heavyhand, Retribution, Spiritual Ward, and Death Ward.

As Alan said, the full v1.2 should include advanced skills for the other 2 companions as well when it's out :D

LuizFN

Oh, thank you guys!
I didn't do the last Hirge quest yet, it was faaaar to away from the location I'm currently doing quests :p
And I didn't find this described anywhere either (I searched at wiki, Google and forum)... So I thought companions advanced skills were taught the same way as for the main character.

VDX_360

Staff member
LuizFN":11icp54z said:
... I thought companions advanced skills were taught the same way as for the main character.
Nope! Companions get advanced skills through completing their special side quests. Only Hirge's quest is in the game right now with the other special side quests getting added with v1.2.

Companions differ from the player in both XP gain, trait and skill point gain and in possible skills. Given the immortality of Companions, there had to be some off-setting balance least a player simply let the Companion clear a dungeon.

Eugene

Has someone tried Hirge as only heal?)
As tank she isn't good or I have wrong build)
I am 2h warrior)
And why Hirge is 13 lvl and no quest yet?(

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Has someone tried Hirge as only heal?)
As tank she isn't good or I have wrong build)
I am 2h warrior)
And why Hirge is 13 lvl and no quest yet?(

Salut!
For a tank, go with Grissenda.
But Hirge's healing can get you a long way! I never give her too much other spells, because I want her to keep her mana for healing. I don't even give her Intervention, because it empties her mana. Her healing is awesome!

As for her level, it's normal. Each time a companion joins you, they gain XP up to an equivalent of roughly 80% of your own. You don't need to worry about companions XP, it always adjusts automatically to yours.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
You're responding to a thread several years old, we don't usually do that. Anyway...

Yes, Hirge with the only active skill of Heal is one of the most useful companions, especially if you're a front-line fighter.

She can tank okay with an AGI build; so use Light weapons (this means hammers), a shield, and armour. Don't worry about "blessed" stuff, put on the highest armour points she can wear.

The trouble with her tanking is mostly people give her low Endurance so she takes damage and uses Heal more often. The more damage you find yourself taking the lower he END should be, but if you're not taking as much damage you can put more END on her.

To get her quest that gives her advanced skills you need to have finished Three verses Eleven, be Level 13, and visit Fögas, or Freetown, Icemist, New Garand, Nivarian, or Tower of Tremadan, with her as a companion, and she will talk about visiting the Sanctuary of Irossia.

And also next time look for the date of last post before posting. 2018 is a while ago now.

Eugene

Thanks a lot for answering everyone!)

My problem fixed after I resolved second Hirge's quest at New Grand

So, I tested her as only heal with some dmg and it awsome I've changed my build to 1 hand weapon + shield
now, Hirge has 230 Mana Pints 160+- Hp plus I as tank with 500 Hp)