Hey, new player here

wwwexil

"a level 20 mage with a level 16 Companion and a Level 18 Iron Golem is down right terrifying."
Yeah, well that Pit Lord didn't seem all that terrified. 😄

Anyway, I get it. As usual, thanks for your help!!
I found this game insanely difficult, and hard to understand at later levels what I was doing wrong. I had to cheat past the Sewer of horrors to the end. As far as the Pit, I was around level 20 when I tried, and just could not destroy the big enemy about half way around the ring. I thought Ok I have great armor and buffs, I'll drink my Epic potion of Death Ward, which gave me nearly 200 % resistance to death, but did nothing to help against this creature. I feel like I'm always missing something huge and why I kept dieing. By time I got to the Sewer I was over the grind. Sadly, The vaults cost a lot, so I sold all my buffs armor and rings etc, by time I needed them they were gone (one time items) My point is yes, I could have sat there and grinded away for days and running all over the map for potions of clarity to help with Paralysis (which sucks azz), but I just wanted to play the game and move on. I just couldn't see myself dwelling on this game any longer as it kept frustrating me and ruining the experience...kinda like Dark Souls....yes now you know what I mean don't you :)
Except for this above, this game is one of, if not the best RPG. It reeks of Ultima 6, and more so in the way that you get a quest, and sometimes have no idea where to go. I think Ultima 6 took me a few years to complete with no cheats, before I had to cheat lol. I never thought of myself as a cheater, but I am, I'm a finisher and must cheat to get to the end sometimes, so I can sleep at night and move onto other cool games.
Now, if I was in prison for a few years I would be stoked to have this game, they should allow all prisoners to play Exiled Kingdoms...no better way to pass time.

VDX_360

Staff member
First, the forum rules prohibit talking about game hacks -- the rule has been loosened up a bit so just a reminder. The big issue is that people that hacking the game and than complain because the game won't work.

Second, there are several really nasty, and big, shadow enemies in the Forbidden Pit. Of which, the Dark Presence tends to be a real problem. It hits with heavy death and heavy physical damage. So you need to be able to address both types of damage.

When fighting the Dark Presence, or other end-game monsters, you are well served by having a well tuned fighting system. A solid build, good tactics with your Companion, good equipment and good use of potions and scrolls.

Some builds do better in some parts of the game than others.