Help with my rogue

Arckien

mwqi9x.png

So, now that I'm done with my warrior and mage, I'm trying to start with the rogue. but I'm having some problems with it, maybe because I'm doing something wrong, so I'd like to know if someone has some good build for the rogue or if it's something I'm going to have to get used to (in the sense that maybe it's the most "paper" among all)

Slick24

If you're going to be dagger/light weapon I recommend you prioritize agility trait. Then learn stab as your starter move and upgrade it to assasinate for more early advantage. On the other hand, if you're using bow, then keep prioritizing agility and awareness, and start with the bow master (I assume, the skill with stun chance for bow). Remember, giving intelligence and personality trait is not a waste for it will help along the quests. If you decided to be a bow master, we can talk more for as I made a badass build for my archer. ;)

Atomos

If you don't want to rely on casual regeneration, then evasion skill is your bread and butter :). Ironmen love it, and so will you. If you want to disarm trap/s without much risk of injury - it's your skill. If you want to fight that shady traveler without a stab to your chest - it's your skill. You want to run through burning lava, poisonous gas, or suffocating mist - it's your skill. You want to tank for several seconds, and then retreat to prepare another attack - it's your skill.

If you plan on using hit&run tactics, then you can use sprint skill. 1st level is enough for manuvering, 2nd and 3rd are rather good for mobility and traveling usage.

Flurry(advanced) is good to combine with evasion. It has similar duration, and turns your character into killing machine.

A combination of: stab, sneak attack, stealth, and assasination(advanced) is what will turn your rouge into slayer. Stab will increase your base damage a lot for one hit. Sneak attack will further increase it if you use: "flanking tactics for maximum threesome effect". Stealth will give you a good opportunity to pull it off. Assasination can make the whole process a bit more dynamic, and fluid. There's another enemy left after stabbing: you can get another shot. The enemy was too tough for a single stab: you can get another shot, and if the stun from sneak attack kicked in, then you can do it right away. You want to clean the field full of weaker enemies: you stab one, and go to another right away as long as assasination works.

If your rogue is a ranger, then Archery, trap master, kick, precision shots(advanced), Rapid fire(advanced), and massive criticals (advanced) skills should probably be on your mind.

Xen

Loreseeker
If you're a melee Rogue then your order of skills during combat is; Stealth, Stab(from the back with Sneak Attack), Evasion, Stab again(if the Assassinate procs), Smoke Bomb, Stab(from the back again). Rinse and repeat as many times as necessary. :p

Atomos

Xen":2bqr0hyt said:
If you're a melee Rogue then your order of skills during combat is; Stealth, Stab(from the back with Sneak Attack), Evasion, Stab again(if the Assassinate procs), Smoke Bomb, Stab(from the back again). Rinse and repeat as many times as necessary. :p
You forgot about stealth cooldown ;). How about using companion, or summoned creature as meatshield?

Xen

Loreseeker
Atomos":1459ztxp said:
Xen":1459ztxp said:
You forgot about stealth cooldown ;). How about using companion, or summoned creature as meatshield?

No, you don't need it that much. They're already dead before you'll need another stealth, not for bosses though.